Author Topic: BTS is getting more competition... Snapcash  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
wow but 1.7 billion click in 2 days.... thats bam ..

Yes, that is impressive.

Maybe I have bad tastes, but I really liked the ad. It is corny as hell, but catchy jingles and funny videos have a good chance of going "viral". They obviously spent a lot of money on this video, but we could probably do something similar on a smaller budget. I think the "what is Bitcoin"-type of videos are kind of played out in the crypto world in my opinion, not to mention boring. (for reference: http://youtu.be/Um63OQz3bjo). Not necessarily a musical type thing, but a funny video with a catchy song would be cool. :)

Rofl @ the part.. swipe three fingers to make it rain
I also liked it and the making it rain is marketing gold.

Now they start a ice bucket type challenge where they record people making it rain on other users using snapcash. Its just the kind of stupid silly video that people may fall in love with.

Da numbers:
Introducing Snapcash!

Subscribe 36,212
 Add to
More
8,811 11,527

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I think the more people that get comfortable using digital cash options like this the better.

I see most articles pointed out the security concerns/problems that snapchat has had. This is exactly what blockchain technology largely solves.

We already have a big market available of people that are aware of these flaws. & whether it's banks or snapchat that messes with customer funds or whether it's greater and greater invasions of personal privacy, more and more people will move to the best blockchain option. The future is on the blockchain, no doubt :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
1.8 million views. How much did that video cost?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
wow but 1.7 billion click in 2 days.... thats bam ..

1.7 Million. Big difference. :)

That many clicks probably has more to do with sites like buzzfeed than any real interest in a PayPal competitor from Square.

sry my mistake --- yes square ... they have a amazing design language ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

bitshares should be forked 100's of times with PTS/AGS getting 10/10.  drown out the competition by becoming the competition...

I'm done saying it though...it will either happen or not.
It has to be 50/50 between PTS/AGS and the other community. The challenge is you need developers to maintain the new chain.

But at 10/10 it doesn't make sense for us so the new chain wouldn't have any users while at 50/50 we'd use the new chain if it could do anything we can't already do. If a community wants to work Bitshares and improve on it then they should do it 50/50 to encourage us to become delegates and maintain the pegs.

Im just saying good luck getting other communities to see your forking a bitshares version of their work as something other than a greedy attack. 

bitshares should be forked 100's of times with PTS/AGS getting 10/10.  drown out the competition by becoming the competition...

Could you please stop trying to piss off the people who bought BTS, and havent been around since before Feb 28?

Thanks. :)

How can people not see that other chains existing and actively developing tools that the main BTS chain can take free of charge is a bad thing?  Would it piss you off to have your community and branding go up 10x over the course of a couple months?

What sucks is that people for some reason cant see the forest for the trees...what we are building is huge.  This is the first time linux can beat centralized institutions like microsoft...because they can replicate and fund themselves.

F it...just fork everythig and give it to BTS.  Or give it all to the people you fork it for...make it a gift.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:51:22 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
lolololol... that is really funny...If people use that service then I will lose all my faith in the civilisation's mentality.. How many countries have to financially collapse, how many more credit card frauds have to happen worldwide, how many banks have to close before people realise the necessity of the decentralization of finance and the power of BTS and Bitassets?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

I'm done saying it though...it will either happen or not.
It has to be 50/50 between PTS/AGS and the other community. The challenge is you need developers to maintain the new chain.

But at 10/10 it doesn't make sense for us so the new chain wouldn't have any users while at 50/50 we'd use the new chain if it could do anything we can't already do. If a community wants to work Bitshares and improve on it then they should do it 50/50 to encourage us to become delegates and maintain the pegs.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline mortman

• View Profile
LOL...  I think it would be more effective by adding More Cowbell...

sumantso

Lol, was I transported back to 60s?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
At a very low level, reminds me of the approach Blackcoin is taking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl6DizyZgFY

LOL that makes crypto look so stupid.

Alt section of Bitcointalk makes crypto look stupid, this is just a really cheesy video. :)
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

LOL that makes crypto look so stupid.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Riverhead

It cannot be unseen. However, it was pretty funny in parts. I like their moxie.

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
This is dumb. I would never trust snapchat with my debit card/bank info since they got hacked a few times and have poor security.

I would never trust snapchat either, however, you're not the market we're hopefully targeting.

Exactly.  People always forget that for some reason.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
This is dumb. I would never trust snapchat with my debit card/bank info since they got hacked a few times and have poor security.

I would never trust snapchat either, however, you're not the market we're hopefully targeting.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work