Author Topic: bitcoinmagazine.com disaster!  (Read 2600 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I never count on someone else to do the right thing, maybe it's just my view of the world.  We need to start engaging these writers and building a relationship where they would contact us to verify content without a second thought.  I sent a list of writers to Brian early in the Summer, I'm working on an updated list.
Do we have a "press team"? Or is this job ALSO part of MktDirector's job description?!?
Can we have a press team? I could contribute .. at least for cross-reading and technical assistance ..

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
It would help alot if journalists approached the community prior to posting those articles so that we can help improve .. at least on the facts!

For me, bitcoinmagazin had some very good and well researched articles in the past .. that's why I am so disappointed with that particular article.

A good journalist isn't going to write about something without learning about it from the people who made or run it. I agree with you that Bitcon Mag has had some good pieces. That's why it's even more confounding to read some of the crap they publish. There have been plenty of other articles there as poorly researched/written/edited as this one. I guess the best word would be 'inconsistency' in terms of standards.

I never count on someone else to do the right thing, maybe it's just my view of the world.  We need to start engaging these writers and building a relationship where they would contact us to verify content without a second thought.  I sent a list of writers to Brian early in the Summer, I'm working on an updated list.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It would help alot if journalists approached the community prior to posting those articles so that we can help improve .. at least on the facts!

For me, bitcoinmagazin had some very good and well researched articles in the past .. that's why I am so disappointed with that particular article.

A good journalist isn't going to write about something without learning about it from the people who made or run it. I agree with you that Bitcon Mag has had some good pieces. That's why it's even more confounding to read some of the crap they publish. There have been plenty of other articles there as poorly researched/written/edited as this one. I guess the best word would be 'inconsistency' in terms of standards.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
commented.
Thanks for pointing out that I missed activating disqus javascript :)

+5% for your nice comment ..

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
commented. read quickly through, but what was the errors? I can edit in something more if someone is unable to comment.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Are making the necessary contacts to help educate their writers on our product?
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I haven't been impressed by most of the drivel in that so-called magazine. Amateur writing and a lack of editing are par for the course.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
How was that a disaster? They got some facts wrong but not in a way that paints the picture incorrectly.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
http://bitcoinmagazine.com/18467/dacs-vs-the-corporation/
That article could have been a nice read .. wasn't it for the huge amount of non-sense about BitShares ..
Not only does the author not know how to "write" BitShares correctly, the author also doesn't seem too interested in BitShares though want's to given in overview of the DAC/DAO technologies ..

Why can't I drop a comment there?
Can we fix this?
Eh I wouldn't call it a disaster.

I agree. Not so much a disaster. The problem I see though is that there are several technical mistakes in the writer's description of BitShares. If appropriately handled by marketing/PR and done in a friendly way, the author might accept to correct his article.

I see no issue in the author having an opinion about a product compared to another, but it needs to be based on verified facts, and several of his assertions aren't right.

I would say some of those mistakes are just as much our fault as his. Bitshares has changed an extreme amount over the passed few weeks and a great deal of the info out there is currently outdated.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
That article could have been a nice read .. wasn't it for the huge amount of non-sense about BitShares ..
Not only does the author not know how to "write" BitShares correctly, the author also doesn't seem too interested in BitShares though want's to given in overview of the DAC/DAO technologies ..

Can we fix this?

I agree. Not so much a disaster. The problem I see though is that there are several technical mistakes in the writer's description of BitShares. If appropriately handled by marketing/PR and done in a friendly way, the author might accept to correct his article.

I see no issue in the author having an opinion about a product compared to another, but it needs to be based on verified facts, and several of his assertions aren't right.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:37:12 pm by Chuckone »

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Can we fix this?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Can we fix this?