Author Topic: Coinmarketcap has updated  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Now everything is ready for the big pump to number 2 :P
Don't call it a "pump" because two word inevitably follow pump...

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
anybody can explain why PTS still displayed on coinmarket? :o
Average people see it fall and they dont have time to follow news about merging and reasons of PTS fall to zero,
so they normally react to leave BTS too
PTS is an investment vehicle and not related to BTS .. people who do not do there research shouldn't invest in either of them ..
Plus, PTS is still the snapshot target for third party chains!
Yea, i know that BTS is mainly the venture community for now,
but we shouldnt turn away from common people, its careless, if people google Bitshares they inevitably find PTS articles and forum talks about PTS,
we could at least rename PTS to something else, otherwise it harms our marketing, Coinmarket is very strong tribune for every crypto Brand!

Look its still named as "Bitshares PTS"
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-pts/#charts

PS. And i forgot to mention, "people who do not do there research" is our main target social group (in the future at least) if we gonna follow the path of "DAC-OS worldwide", otherwise such efforts have no sense besides staying as local hobby project.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:36:48 am by Crossover »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Average people see it fall and they dont have time to follow news about merging and reasons of PTS fall to zero,
PTS is an investment vehicle and not related to BTS .. people who do not do there research shouldn't invest in either of them ..
Plus, PTS is still the snapshot target for third party chains!

Offline Crossover

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Likely  you would likely have a different opinion if you spoke Chinese.

Although purely a guess on my part too.

Yes.  Also, and probably even more important, it was a lot harder to get information on what was going on if you spoke Chinese and not English.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I think the practical reality is that markets don't care about inflation the way Austrian economists / goldbugs think it should.  This community as a whole has already realized that, even though it goes against many of our core beliefs.

Likely  you would likely have a different opinion if you spoke Chinese.

Although purely a guess on my part too.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I think the practical reality is that markets don't care about inflation the way Austrian economists / goldbugs think it should.  This community as a whole has already realized that, even though it goes against many of our core beliefs.

I think the market already reacted violently negative to the BTS dilution.  In fact, I think it massively overreacted by assigning a 50% drop to an inflation of a few percent a year, probably only a couple percent.   This is a massive over-reaction in my opinion, but I think it is the result of all the investors out there having absolutely no idea whatsoever what was happening, how much the inflation would be, etc. 

I think had we only decided to dilute for delegate pay, the selloff would be minimal.  The whole consolidation and sharedropping led to much uncertainty, panic, and frustration.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I think the market already reacted violently negative to the BTS dilution.  In fact, I think it massively overreacted by assigning a 50% drop to an inflation of a few percent a year, probably only a couple percent.   This is a massive over-reaction in my opinion, but I think it is the result of all the investors out there having absolutely no idea whatsoever what was happening, how much the inflation would be, etc. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
We just pulled a Ripple  8) Not as dramatic though
Yep.  Except that first we had to go down by 50% due to merger FUD, before adding a 25% increase.

Ripple and Stellar just get it for free apparently. :P

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Now everything is ready for the big pump to number 2 :P

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Stellar recently did this too.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
We just pulled a Ripple  8) Not as dramatic though

Offline Ander

• View Profile
We are at just under 2.5B shares available supply now on coinmarketcap.

Seems like a good time for this to happen, while things are quiet and no coins switch places as a result. 

Also, since the hard fork, the number of bitshares has actually gone down slightly, because transaction fees and delegate registration fees have been larger than new shares for paid delegates.  (Of course, once we elect paid delegates this will change, but it still wont go up all that fast).