Author Topic: Grassroots Initiative Marketing Focus Welcome Home  (Read 2784 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Fantastic suggestions.  I moved this over to the grassroots marketing board NullStreet to start organizing the project.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline fuzzy

+5%

I've been impressed by hpenvy's desire to help with marketing when his main motivation seems to be the growth of his own stake.  He has done a lot of work planning and seems quite experienced in this realm.

As far as getting people to help, it can be hard.  I started taskforces because.. well I didn't know what else could be done.  If that doesn't work, I don't think an external website with a third party service would help either. So TASKFORCES is a starting place, but it doesn't do much to help actual motivation.  For motivation I can only do so much.  I'm a bit at a loss what to do further,  so I ask of everyone to try and help a bit more.

We're lacking in fans and I'm not sure we have gained many after these changes.  We need to get behind hpenvy because he is willing to do the work and organize things.

The people who are vocal in the delegate threads always say they only want to pay for developers.  I always wonder what these people contribute besides their thoughts.  Please do not be those people.  If we are not going to support marketing delegates or try to find people who will do valuable work within the constraints then people need to start giving a bit of their time.  Please consider this as I really don't know what else to say.

We can't be Dogecoin where everyone is having fun.  We don't have multiple charismatic leaders.  What we do have is the best technology.  So lets remember that fact and try to make this thing happen.

We have had this discussion before.  A 100% paid delegate would be PERFECT to fund task forces and give people an incentive to actively participate, thus earning more stake in the ecosystem.  The TASK FORCE subforum is a BRILLIANT way of bringing all initiatives to a single location for easy access, but it has no teeth.  I would put a delegate like this on the Beyond Bitcoin Delegate Slate (once I can get it working) but I'm not so sure the community would be interested in that...so another way seems like it should probably be found.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Great point. Who should I contact to help assist in the Chinese community?

cn-members and also "wild pig" or "pig wild" would be a good start off the top of my head.

It would be interesting to hang out in some QQ group where people are willing to try and talk in English.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:38:10 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Getting more of the Chinese community back on board in particular would be great.

Even though a lot of us trade on BTC 38 now, I think a lot of our volume was Chinese driven and that's a huge market to have won over in crypto.

They can and have helped drive $Billion+ valuations for the likes of Litecoin and were a big part of Bitcoins rise late last year.

So much stuff is done on the English forums & from a Western POV,  but actually the Western penetration, understanding  and popularity of BitShares is quite low when you go over to Bitcointalk etc. As everything gets simpler, they will have their collective 'A-ha' moment, maybe as soon as the end of the year but in the meantime, welcoming back as much of our Chinese community would be the lowest hanging fruit.

Maybe Cn-members, I forget if that's one person or a group but they do a lot of translations and act as a bridge between the English and Chinese forums.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Getting more of the Chinese community back on board in particular would be great.

Even though a lot of us trade on BTC 38 now, I think a lot of our volume was Chinese driven and that's a huge market to have won over in crypto.

They can and have helped drive $Billion+ valuations for the likes of Litecoin and were a big part of Bitcoins rise late last year.

So much stuff is done on the English forums & from a Western POV,  but actually the Western penetration, understanding  and popularity of BitShares is quite low when you go over to Bitcointalk etc. As everything gets simpler, they will have their collective 'A-ha' moment, maybe as soon as the end of the year but in the meantime, welcoming back as much of our Chinese community would be the lowest hanging fruit.

=============

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Sounds good, I can help with this :)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
We do need a hero in the marketing department. I hope it is you. Good luck!

'I need a hero' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

I need a hero.
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.
He's gotta be strong
and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight.

Footloose flashback. :) Looks like things are about to big up steam in the grassroots. Nice job MethoDx taking the lead on a forum dedicated to these type of activities.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11532.0
=============

zerosum

We do need a hero in the marketing department. I hope it is you. Good luck!

'I need a hero' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

I need a hero.
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.
He's gotta be strong
and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is an excellent idea, and it truly represents the lowest hanging fruit there is. 

I think it could be even better if tied into some kind of referral reward, where the person could also get bonuses for referring friends to come to bitshares as well.  I'm not sure what sort of referral program promotions the marketing team is working on, but maybe it could be tied into this?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
+5%

I've been impressed by hpenvy's desire to help with marketing when his main motivation seems to be the growth of his own stake.  He has done a lot of work planning and seems quite experienced in this realm.

As far as getting people to help, it can be hard.  I started taskforces because.. well I didn't know what else could be done.  If that doesn't work, I don't think an external website with a third party service would help either. So TASKFORCES is a starting place, but it doesn't do much to help actual motivation.  For motivation I can only do so much.  I'm a bit at a loss what to do further,  so I ask of everyone to try and help a bit more.

We're lacking in fans and I'm not sure we have gained many after these changes.  We need to get behind hpenvy because he is willing to do the work and organize things.

The people who are vocal in the delegate threads always say they only want to pay for developers.  I always wonder what these people contribute besides their thoughts.  Please do not be those people.  If we are not going to support marketing delegates or try to find people who will do valuable work within the constraints then people need to start giving a bit of their time.  Please consider this as I really don't know what else to say.

We can't be Dogecoin where everyone is having fun.  We don't have multiple charismatic leaders.  What we do have is the best technology.  So lets remember that fact and try to make this thing happen. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:13:55 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I've been talking with Gamey and Brian quite a bit over the last few months on grassroots initiatives. One of the more exciting initiatives that I'm developing is a 'Welcome Home' push to bring back those forum members that might have left us, investors that might have moved to different projects and crypto community members that might have dismissed us a little too quick.  Brian and Susan are offering support in these upcoming initiatives, I wanted to give you a glimpse on the approach.  I'm posting this in the general board because it's going to take work from different segments of our forum to make it work. 

"-Welcome Back - The Real Low Hanging Fruit-

We have over 7801 members signed up on the forum. We have even more in the Bitcointalk thread that have disappeared into the crypto space. They might have been short time holders, they might have found something more interesting or maybe frustrated at all the changes. Regardless, this should be a top priority. Let's bring them home, it's all hands on deck.

Once the website is up and the community agrees the content is adequate, this is the perfect time to bring them back. We could have them view the website, review the latest mumble sessions and even have a board that has a few posts summarizing what's in development.

We could offer prizes as an incentive. I don't have the details figured out, however, I'm up to donating 10,000 BTS. So how do we contact these people?

- Email sent out to our existing forum members
- Email sent out to newsletter signups (mini newsletter?)
- Post on Bitcointalk, Reddit
- Twitter announcement

"

Once we start getting people flowing back into the forum, we'll move to our next phase with the Twitter push.  Thanks to Gamey's help, I will be working with Susan to feed her updates throughout the day for both FB and Twitter.  The topics will range from mini interviews with community members to important updates within the community. Grassroots marketing can't just be about the guys that hang in the marketing board, we need all your talent.

Please submit any type of ideas/feedback!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:59:40 pm by hpenvy »
=============