Author Topic: Is it possible to be a seed node without public IP nor IP revealed?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
By definition seed nodes are the boxes that the client knows about at the beginning. Their IP addresses are listed in client source code.

Thanks.  So is there any other way to help syncing? Or I can only ask newbies to be patient?
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
By definition seed nodes are the boxes that the client knows about at the beginning. Their IP addresses are listed in client source code.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
I have 2 computers with the following situation:
1. a personal desktop running BTS wallet 24/7, but it doesn't have a public IP
2. a VPS also running BTS wallet 24/7, but does not want to revel its IP since it is running other servces.

but I do want to help others get blocks synced ASAP, and I found the slowliness is one of the major reasons that would scare away newbies first time using BTS wallet. So I wonder if there is any way that I can be a seed node without public IP/IP revealed?
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.