Author Topic: Peg is not work well  (Read 2074 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
peg is working perfectly anyone who bought BitUSD a week ago could realize a significant gain as a result of BTS falling.
+5%

not to mention the gains for bts sellers before one month...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
It should correct to 1 USD as shorters are forced to cover, right?

It is 1 USD within the margin of error of the various exchanges and volume.    There is a large buy order at $0.93 and the lowest sell is around $0.99.   It is a large spread but it is tracking.  The fact that no one is selling for less than $0.99 is a strong sign that the holders of BitUSD value it at about $1.00.    There are just few people who want to buy BitUSD right now because the price is already so low everyone things things have to go up from here.
I think your analyse of the spread is reasonable, but U did’t tell the reason of the price gap of outside market and inside market. I think the reason for the big price gap between outside market and inside market is that people trade outside and inside have different confidence about BTS. I wondering, if we have market maker, will the market maker make the gap smaller.

Offline bytemaster

It is 1 USD within the margin of error of the various exchanges and volume.    There is a large buy order at $0.93 and the lowest sell is around $0.99.   It is a large spread but it is tracking.  The fact that no one is selling for less than $0.99 is a strong sign that the holders of BitUSD value it at about $1.00.    There are just few people who want to buy BitUSD right now because the price is already so low everyone things things have to go up from here.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

busygin

peg is working perfectly anyone who bought BitUSD a week ago could realize a significant gain as a result of BTS falling.
+5%

Offline bytemaster

You cannot measure the peg by the spread but by the correlation of profit / loss.   

if you look at the BitUSD charts over the past week you will see that there has been increasing volume.  Almost everyone who wants to sell their BitUSD been able to there is little BitUSD for sale below $1.00. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
It seems that now the peg is not working well. What's the plan of market maker? Do we have a detail design of that?