Author Topic: Sponsorship Slot on Lets Talk Bitcoin - Beyond Bitcoin  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Simeon II and I are in the process of bidding for a sponsorship slot on Legendface66's Beyond Bitcoin show.  The slot is intended for one or two BitShares delegates who might be interested in talking about DPOS and the delegate role.....for more specifics you'll need to contact Legendface66.

If you are interested post here.  There's no reason to think we shouldn't win the bid so far.  The bidding ends on 29th November 2014.

I'm not sure if Simeon II wanted to be one of the delegates or not.  He can have first dibbs :)

^^
Little birdie tells me the OP  contain statements that are not quite truthful.....

Oh wow I completely misread that.  Legends show? My apologies...he needs to get paid for his work.  I have no issues with this, I guess I completely overlooked legends part in that quote. He isnt paid by adams delegate and even though he can be an impatient f'er at times, he does work hard. 

And teaching about delegates? Now that is a soft spot of mine...

No worries :) It's all good.  Now i'd be very happy if this flurry of comms has produced a couple of interested delegates....Let's take DPOS to world!

Offline fuzzy

Simeon II and I are in the process of bidding for a sponsorship slot on Legendface66's Beyond Bitcoin show.  The slot is intended for one or two BitShares delegates who might be interested in talking about DPOS and the delegate role.....for more specifics you'll need to contact Legendface66.

If you are interested post here.  There's no reason to think we shouldn't win the bid so far.  The bidding ends on 29th November 2014.

I'm not sure if Simeon II wanted to be one of the delegates or not.  He can have first dibbs :)

^^
Little birdie tells me the OP  contain statements that are not quite truthful.....

Oh wow I completely misread that.  Legends show? My apologies...he needs to get paid for his work.  I have no issues with this, I guess I completely overlooked legends part in that quote. He isnt paid by adams delegate and even though he can be an impatient f'er at times, he does work hard. 

And teaching about delegates? Now that is a soft spot of mine...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

zerosum

^^

Offline fuzzy

Any idea how many listers the show gets? Whats the cost, who's paying for it?
thanks

I think this thread belongs in "marketing" btw

I want you to reread everything.  Lets just say business relationships are fragile things...they rely heavily on mutual trust. Hard to gain it back. Please reread for some perspective. It is a good thread that shows Most the topics around which our areas of division occurred.  Im just saying we already do business with him, also saying people should always earn trust.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:41:00 pm by fuzzy »

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Any idea how many listers the show gets? Whats the cost, who's paying for it?
thanks

I think this thread belongs in "marketing" btw

Offline fuzzy

Actually LTB is great and I think being upset at ABL or his show is a great way to know you're a BTS zealot

Strong words toast--and completely misrepresentative.  You have been around long enough to know that many of the issues we have had in the past stemmed directly from his actions.

Yep, I've been here since before he has, and that's the point I'm making - none of his actions seem like anything other than listing legitimate problems.

You must not have listened to his show much--like when he wrongly compared this and its centralization problems to ripple.  Caus I have listened to his shows and nearly every interview done with dan is far harsher than with others.  I never said he doesnt/didn't bring up some good points. I am saying he was overly critical of this project and never admitted he is wrong. He even went directly with counterparty during the same time he was on here complaining about you guys taking too long "unnecessarily reinventing the wheel" and forcing us to take firehouses out to squelch fire on reddit (oh I remember). Guess what...the wheel has been reinvented many times.

It is a mute point though, as long as he is still getting a percentage cut of delegate fees--unless that has changed (which it may have in the past 4 months since I read about it).  If that is the case, we are already paying adam with 2 100% delegates and there is no new negative comments on reddit anymore. I consider it a done deal...I just wont consider paying him more. This is my current perecption...though insights to which I have no access (currently) might render my decision changed.  For the time being, though i think said delegates should be more than enough considering.  For those who might want a refresher or are new here, here you go--the gift of unadulterated history:
1) delegate-- https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6029.0
2) synopsis-- https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9932.msg129340;topicseen#msg129340

If I had time I could point everyone to multiple other sources on the history of our communitynand why opinions are the way they are. I will let all of you decide.

However, expecting proof of return--especially considering some of the past "mis-statements", is to be expected and in no way being a zealot. That aside the word "zealot" should never be applied to someone in a general sense over disagreements in very specific things anyway...don't you agree?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:01:23 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Actually LTB is great and I think being upset at ABL or his show is a great way to know you're a BTS zealot

Strong words toast--and completely misrepresentative.  You have been around long enough to know that many of the issues we have had in the past stemmed directly from his actions.

Fuzzy, you are a tireless advocate for BitShares and I respect you enormously.  All I ask is for your consideration of a couple things that are important to me...

The Bitshares community should never close it's door
Relationships can and should be rebuilt, regardless of current perspectives
Legendface66 is a part of both this community and the LTB community and he wants to feature BitShares tech on his show
BitShares does not need our personal protection, it simply needs to be the best product

I have no evidence for why a delegate has not yet come forward, I just hope it's because they're all too busy.  Whatever has been said or done in the past, let's move beyond it and embrace opportunities where we find them.   I genuinely believe the BitShares community will be better for this view in the long run.

Xeldal

I for one, am a big fan of LTB.  I think ABL does great work and is a major asset to the space. 

Let's not dwell on past confrontations(at least not in this thread).  ABL and Legend have more to offer as allies then enemies.

I enjoy legand's show and support any effort to get ad space/air time there.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:32:53 pm by Xeldal »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Yep, I've been here since before he has, and that's the point I'm making - none of his actions seem like anything other than listing legitimate problems.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fuzzy

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fuzzy

Im not sure why people aren't interested :s

Because we have been around long enough to know better.  Dont like saying it but it is true...

For all those wondering why it is so hard for people to know about us, and why you have to work so extra hard in crypto to get bitshares known..it is to a large degree because a few at the LTB network long ago started treating this project like they treated ripple...only worse.

If you want to know more really dig into our forums for abl and begin reading.  Some items are valuable insights...the rest is a bunch or shit where he tried to throw his weight around until finally we said "hey we dont need you".

I wonder if he realizes yet that we dont and that not bashing us might have helped him.  Probably not...yet.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:51:42 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I have a feeling people in this community no more like LTB ..

Me, I can't participate now as I will be mostly offline for some weeks now ..

No worries Xeroc, hope you're back soon and good luck with whatever you are up to.

I hope that isn't the case, communication issues on the forum aside (which we are all susceptible to,) Adam is a fantastic advocate for the technology and LTB is an excellent platform with growing reach.  BitShares is an inclusive, helpful community and I hope we become known for the allies we make and partnerships we foster.

It is only very occasionally that communications in the forum result in a more sensitive or defensive reaction.....

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

me neither....one can but try.  I guess the main delegates, many of whom must be Chinese, are all quite busy at the moment.  I'm hoping for a last minute turn around :)

Offline matt608

• View Profile