Author Topic: please ask delegate to stop using ALT's delegates auto feed script!!!!  (Read 4962 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
should bm consider again to give more power to the free market instead of the feeds?  like he did in the first place? is the market depth not helping right now?at least for bitUSD...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Feeds are required for the time being... at least until we have moved to 1.0 and have an order book 100X as big as it is now.

Without feed restrictions, the market will be manipulated until it blows up

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
should bm consider again to give more power to the free market instead of the feeds?  like he did in the first place? is the market depth not helping right now?at least for bitUSD...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline CalabiYau

I am try to get BM to look into it. to be safe ,please increase the sample size in  this script

Good catch, thank you. Script fixed.

Offline taa

• View Profile
you got it. due to more than 90% of the delegates are using alt's auto feed script so thing getting worse

SO someone finds thin buy orders.. sells to them and price decreases.  Then feed is lowered briefly and they can purchase bts shorts below what they should be able to.  Market quickly corrects and they have a lead in their shorts because the shorts were bought at a lower price?

I've been trying to understand all the market stuff so this is my guess.  Anyone?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

SO someone finds thin buy orders.. sells to them and price decreases.  Then feed is lowered briefly and they can purchase bts shorts below what they should be able to.  Market quickly corrects and they have a lead in their shorts because the shorts were bought at a lower price?

I've been trying to understand all the market stuff so this is my guess.  Anyone?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Nice to see someone catching this. Hope it gets fixed asap.

Offline taa

• View Profile
I am try to get BM to look into it. to be safe ,please increase the sample size in  this script

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Do you have details about the manipulation? I also maintain a feed script which might be affected aswell

Offline taa

• View Profile

Dan

I found someone in china by manipulating the bitshare's price of bter and btc38  then use the ALT's delegates auto feed to manipulate bts price in our internal market.

please ask delegate to stop using ALT's delegates auto feed script!!!! 
ALT's delegates auto feed script need to be revised and add minimum  number of sampling  price for calculation 

Thanks

temp. solution to increase the sample no. to 600

"common3": "we use the media price, how many samples need to use",
    "median_length": 600
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:45:38 pm by taa »