Author Topic: Idea regarding delegate registration fee.  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile

If you allow delegates to take their fee back when they determine they're not being elected or decide it is taking too long and they're losing their own money/time/opportunities on hopes of some dream of being elected..  Then you have solved the problem.

Real simple.

Yep, this would work as well.

Unless it is determined that it is necessary to prevent abuse then we should really try to get this overhauled asap. The thing that will bring us forward now is getting good delegates.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I don't know if the community still thinks the delegate registration fee is still a problem that might deter potential profitable delegates from signing up. But if it's the case, then what about changing it so instead of delegates having to pay and thus risk 2 weeks salary, they simply can't create their salary transaction in the first 1200 blocks they produce?

It makes it less risky for potential attackers to register rogue 100% delegates, but there will still be 2 weeks for the community to rally and react in those situations. On the other hand it will make new delegates feel a lot more welcome, and this is what I think should be our greatest priority at the moment.

Extremely relevant.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

If you allow delegates to take their fee back when they determine they're not being elected or decide it is taking too long and they're losing their own money/time/opportunities on hopes of some dream of being elected..  Then you have solved the problem.

Real simple.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I suggested a "time fee" for delegates before they are allowed dilution:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11241.msg148466#msg148466

Offline Rune

• View Profile
There still needs to be some cost so that people cant just spam delegates and hope to get something elected.

Of course, but the fee could be flat and significantly lower than what it is now.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
There still needs to be some cost so that people cant just spam delegates and hope to get something elected.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I don't know if the community still thinks the delegate registration fee is still a problem that might deter potential profitable delegates from signing up. But if it's the case, then what about changing it so instead of delegates having to pay and thus risk 2 weeks salary, they simply can't create their salary transaction in the first 1200 blocks they produce?

It makes it less risky for potential attackers to register rogue 100% delegates, but there will still be 2 weeks for the community to rally and react in those situations. On the other hand it will make new delegates feel a lot more welcome, and this is what I think should be our greatest priority at the moment.