Author Topic: BitShares PLAY Snapshot on BTS 2014-12-08 !  (Read 19952 times)

Offline robrigo

You can safely move your BTS to a local wallet and be sure that BTER will honor your BTS that was in their control during the snapshot in the form of PLAY when that DAC is launched.

That's pretty much what I needed to know.  Thanks.

Anytime.  ;)

Offline CapR

• View Profile
  • BitShares: CapR
You can safely move your BTS to a local wallet and be sure that BTER will honor your BTS that was in their control during the snapshot in the form of PLAY when that DAC is launched.

That's pretty much what I needed to know.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:40:31 pm by CapR »

Offline robrigo

you can redeem your BTS in the BTS client using the private keys that hold BTS
you can redeem your PLAY in the PLAY client (once released) with the private keys that have held BTS at the time of the snapshot

I emailed Bter and they said they can't export user wallets/private keys because they use the same coin wallets for all accounts.  Meaning I can't import my BTS into my client with the PLAY share and I have to have my BTS in my client in order to take advantage of all the coming snapshots.   Atleast that's what I understanding. Likewise, I don't feel safe keeping funds on an exchange. Sorry if I'm aggrivating anyone.

If you held BTS on bter during the snapshot, and you have the BTSPLAY or w/e it's called, that means they will redeem the private keys when PLAY is released and credit your account. You can safely move your BTS to a local wallet and be sure that BTER will honor your BTS that was in their control during the snapshot in the form of PLAY when that DAC is launched.

Offline CapR

• View Profile

you can redeem your PLAY in the PLAY client (once released) with the private keys that have held BTS at the time of the snapshot

I emailed Bter and they said they can't export user wallets/private keys because they use the same coin wallets for all accounts.  Meaning I can't import my BTS into my client with the PLAY share and I have to have my BTS in my client in order to take advantage of all the coming snapshots.   Atleast that's what I understanding. Likewise, I don't feel safe keeping funds on an exchange. Sorry if I'm aggrivating anyone.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why are my BTS IOUs on Bter?
your BTS on Bter are not IOUs ... you can safely withdraw them
your PLAY are IOUs .. as the blockchain and the client have not been released yet

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Will I be able to redeem my BTS in other DACs if they are kept in a PLAY wallet?

Offline CapR

• View Profile
PLAY will have its own chain and own client ..

So I can't redeem my BTS in other DACs if i keep them in a PLAY wallet since PLAY will be its own separate network because that's what DACs are.

thats alao why you atm cannot withdraw them.from bter.. thoae are IOU on bter

Why are my BTS IOUs on Bter?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:51:23 am by CapR »

Offline CapR

• View Profile

Nothing to do now but wait for the PLAY wallet release.
[/quote]

Will I be able to redeem my BTS in other DACs if they are kept in a PLAY wallet?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I had BTS in my Bter account during the snapshot and my balance page is showing "for PlayBTS_S1".  Hence, i assume Bter will honor my BTS in PLAY.  However, does this mean i have to keep these funds on the exchange because that doesn't seem safe to me.  Thx for any help on this.

EDIT: So we have to wait for the PLAY wallet?  Is this wallet different than BTS client?  I'm confused.
PLAY will have its own chain and own client .. thats alao why you atm cannot withdraw them.from bter.. thoae are IOU on bter

Offline CapR

• View Profile
I had BTS in my Bter account during the snapshot and my balance page is showing "for PlayBTS_S1".  Hence, i assume Bter will honor my BTS in PLAY.  However, does this mean i have to keep these funds on the exchange because that doesn't seem safe to me.  Thx for any help on this.

EDIT: So we have to wait for the PLAY wallet?  Is this wallet different than BTS client?  I'm confused.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:02:37 am by CapR »

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Is BTER giving you guys BTSPLAY on your account balance?

EDIT: I see it now.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:28:47 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline bitcoinpete

• View Profile
On Bter they should have asked you to move the Bts in their wallet to be allocated the play shares, if you just left on the exchange i think no.
So by having them in my bter wallet I will not get credited?
Scratch my last post I just checked my bter account and I got an equal amount of btsplay to my btsx, Relieved now :)

Offline bitcoinpete

• View Profile
On Bter they should have asked you to move the Bts in their wallet to be allocated the play shares, if you just left on the exchange i think no.
So by having them in my bter wallet I will not get credited?

Offline Riverhead

Hello, I had shares of BTS on BTER and received an equivalent amount of PLAY shares. I also had a large amount of BTS shares in my wallet, did they count in the snapshot?? Is there something I need to do??

Any help would be appreciated.
Nothing to do now but wait for the PLAY wallet release.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I also had a large amount of BTS shares in my wallet, did they count in the snapshot?? Is there something I need to do??

Yes, they do count.
For now you don't need to do anything. Once the PLAY chain get's released you can import your BTS keys into the PLAY wallet.