Author Topic: BitShares PLAY Snapshot on BTS 2014-12-08 !  (Read 19953 times)

Offline joele

• View Profile

From Bter website: "Notice: We will take a BTS snapshot and redeem BitShares Play for you at Dec.8 UTC. "

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Can someone please advise the exact numbers to receive from Play from each of AGS,PTS,BTS?

Many thanks!

AGS and PTS have already had snapshots.

BTS will receive 35%, so you will get roughly 35%ish of your BTS since there are around 2.5 billion BTS and 2 billion PLAY. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Can someone please advise the exact numbers to receive from Play from each of AGS,PTS,BTS?

Many thanks!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
many tancks for your answer,
I'm going to backup my wallet, but I have a doubt... I opened two accounts but I feel that this is a useless compilcation. Backups save all the accounts or just one? I would like to erase one account. Could you tell me how can I do it?

If you've just been familiarizing yourself with the wallet, and want to clean it out and start fresh before actually transferring funds to it, you can delete the "wallets" directory in the BitShares folder I mentioned last post, or just rename it to "walletsOLD" or something and BitShares will create a fresh new one next time you start.  Let me know if you've already put funds in the wallet.  What operating system are you running?
But don't delete your wallet folder if you already sent funds to one of your account...

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I'm going to backup my wallet, but I have a doubt... I opened two accounts but I feel that this is a useless compilcation. Backups save all the accounts or just one? I would like to erase one account. Could you tell me how can I do it?

If you've just been familiarizing yourself with the wallet, and want to clean it out and start fresh before actually transferring funds to it, you can delete the "wallets" directory in the BitShares folder I mentioned last post, or just rename it to "walletsOLD" or something and BitShares will create a fresh new one next time you start.  Let me know if you've already put funds in the wallet.  What operating system are you running? 

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline nicola

• View Profile
  • BitShares: inlost

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Hello everybody,
I am new here and I need some help.
I bought BTS on Bter a couple of weeks ago and now I have the opportunity to partecipate at the snapshot of december. What I have to do? Put the BTS in my wallet, right? I must follow the instructions of Bter and send BTS at their account btercom? Why can't I send the BTS in my account directly? How the snapshot works? Are all the BTS in all the wallets becoming PLS? I have another question about my wallet? Where the private key is? I don't dare to put the money there since I am not completely sure that I have the full control of my wallet. I know you propably don't like me because a month ago I didn't even know that Bitshares exists and now I claim to be a shareholder like you. The only thing I want to say is, Bitshares seems to me like the open door toward freedom I dreamed for 41 years.

Many thanks to everybody,
Nicola

Welcome!

Yes, you need your BTS in your BitShares wallet by the 8th to benefit from the snapshot.  Go ahead and take a few minutes to explore the BitShares wallet before you withdraw to it, and back up your wallet.  Then when you're ready to withdraw, go to https://bter.com/myaccount/withdraw/BTS and paste in your account key (to find it in the BTS wallet, click "my accounts" on the left, then click your account name, and then click the "keys" tab...), enter your passwords and amount, and submit.

The PLAY snapshot won't take your BTS, or turn your BTS into PLS, it will just give you additional PLS proportional to the amount of BTS you hold when the snapshot occurs.  When PLAY launches, you'll be able to export keys from BitShares and import them into PLAY whenever you want to claim the PLS from the snapshot.

If you're on Windows, the private keys are in your user\AppData\Roaming\BitShares\Wallets directory, and also in any backups you export as .json files.  On Linux they're in your user/.BitShares/wallets directory.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we like you just fine.  We're all very excited about this, and unshared excitement is wasted.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Offline nicola

• View Profile
  • BitShares: inlost
Hello everybody,
I am new here and I need some help.
I bought BTS on Bter a couple of weeks ago and now I have the opportunity to partecipate at the snapshot of december. What I have to do? Put the BTS in my wallet, right? I must follow the instructions of Bter and send BTS at their account btercom? Why can't I send the BTS in my account directly? How the snapshot works? Are all the BTS in all the wallets becoming PLS? I have another question about my wallet? Where the private key is? I don't dare to put the money there since I am not completely sure that I have the full control of my wallet. I know you propably don't like me because a month ago I didn't even know that Bitshares exists and now I claim to be a shareholder like you. The only thing I want to say is, Bitshares seems to me like the open door toward freedom I dreamed for 41 years.

Many thanks to everybody,
Nicola

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

zerosum

This day (8th of December) will be celebrated in my old country anyway....

Constitution Day or the Feast of Eucharius? Hereafter, it shall also be known as PLAY Day.

Looking forward to this DAC.

Celebrated as 'Play Day' more or less.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:31:46 am by tonyk2 »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This day (8th of December) will be celebrated in my old country anyway....

Constitution Day or the Feast of Eucharius? Hereafter, it shall also be known as PLAY Day.

Looking forward to this DAC.

zerosum

This day (8th of December) will be celebrated in my old country anyway.... but overall better solution than before ( I know the complains why BTS and not AGS/PTS and I get the argument... somewhat)

I still think it will be considered highly illogical if Apple decided to do a stock-split and included not only its shareholders but Apple product owners as well (*like how we give stake here to bitAsset holders not only to BTS holders), but after all it was BM's solution not HackFisher's.

*My main concern is the precedent we set here for the future. Imagine when we have 25 Billion of bitUSD savings accounts in the future and some future dev decides to drop on BTS.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:23:09 am by tonyk2 »