Author Topic: BTS is deflationary  (Read 7758 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

I had a 4+ year old inspiration.

BTS has a supply of ~3.6 Billion shares.(or whatever the actual max is). Not all this supply is current available for anyone. Some of it is left in  50 BTS chunks in future blocks.

In each block that we do not have 101 delegates taking 100% of the max allowed pay for that block, we are effectively decreasing the supply of BTS.

?

A profound insight.  :)
Agreed
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Correct.  There are about 3.7 billion BTS, and every 10 seconds when a block is created by a delegate at only 3% pay, 48.5 BTS is burned forever.
Every time someone pays a transaction fee or registers a delegate, BTS is burned forever.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

BTS has a supply of ~3.6 Billion shares.(or whatever the actual max is). Not all this supply is current available for anyone. Some of it is left in  50 BTS chunks in future blocks.

In each block that we do not have 101 delegates taking 100% of the max allowed pay for that block, we are effectively decreasing the supply of BTS.

?

A profound insight.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

zerosum

?