Author Topic: Imagine  (Read 19942 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If this is something the community really wants...I can get together with the same producer that I worked with on the Welcome To The Blockchain song and we can create something original for Bitshares....am I to understand that there will be a minimum 500 BitUSD reward if it is favored by the community?

Yes... actually it will be "favored by me" because it should represent my vision... but I will highly factor in community opinion.

Evolvo, if you can do a song like that for BitShares, then Dan won't be the only one sending some BTS or BitUSD your way. The lyrics could frame the vision or they could help explain it or both.

Offline bytemaster

If this is something the community really wants...I can get together with the same producer that I worked with on the Welcome To The Blockchain song and we can create something original for Bitshares....am I to understand that there will be a minimum 500 BitUSD reward if it is favored by the community?

Yes... actually it will be "favored by me" because it should represent my vision... but I will highly factor in community opinion.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline evolvo

Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline evolvo

Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
The geek in me is really looking forward to this song.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Very fervent and cogitative post.

I just LOVE the lyrics as well. [additions are an attempt to improve on something already great]

"Imagine there is was free banking --pause-- (free banking)
it's here there for everyone --pause--  (for everyone to use)
Nobody is No-one left outside (no no no)
Not a single one --pause--  (not even a single one!)
Imagine there's free banking (ooh ohh ohh)
All sing:  Earning your interest

Chorus:
You may say we are a business/You may say you have a business
And we open for you now (wow ohh)
I hope today you'll join us
"
Modify message

I think we should have a competition for the best song lyrics.   We should really do this one right.

$500 BitUSD for someone who can produce the best lyrics.
$500 BitUSD for someone who can produce the best rendition.
$500 BitUSD for someone who can produce the best video to go with the rendition.

Some comments....  we want people to imagine all the freedom we can have by working together outside the existing system.  Merchants, Traders, Individuals, working together, cooperating.

Imagine a community
Imagine a cooperative
Imagine a company
Imagine a country
Imagine a currency
Imagine them all as one!

Would this be something we'd want to push in our social media? We've been talking about doing a major push when 0.4.5 is released, this could be a great motivator for those that might have left our daily orbit to come back home.

Yes... I think having a huge bounty that is marketed would be a great way to draw attention to what we are doing and what we stand for.    If we are to do this then I need to write up a more through vision to help inspire people to understand.

You could cross-market this with PeerTracks. Best song winner gets to have the first artist coin asset, etc.

B-I-N-G-O.   
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I just LOVE the lyrics as well. [additions are an attempt to improve on something already great]

Chorus:
"
Modify message

I think we should have a competition for the best song lyrics.   We should really do this one right.

$500 BitUSD for someone who can produce the best video to go with the rendition.

Some comments....  we want people to imagine all the freedom we can have by working together outside the existing system.  Merchants, Traders, Individuals, working together, cooperating.

Imagine a community
Imagine a cooperative
Imagine a company
Imagine a country
Imagine a currency
Imagine them all as one!

Would this be something we'd want to push in our social media? We've been talking about doing a major push when 0.4.5 is released, this could be a great motivator for those that might have left our daily orbit to come back home.

Yes... I think having a huge bounty that is marketed would be a great way to draw attention to what we are doing and what we stand for.    If we are to do this then I need to write up a more through vision to help inspire people to understand.

You could cross-market this with PeerTracks. Best song winner gets to have the first artist coin asset, etc.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I support this 100%.  We have almost 200 posts and 16 people online in the marketing forum that MeTHoDx created to launch initiatives, this would be PERFECT to help support the Welcome Home initiative.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11530.0
=============

Offline bytemaster

Chorus:
"
Modify message

Imagine a community
Imagine a cooperative
Imagine a company
Imagine a country
Imagine a currency
Imagine them all as one!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Chorus:
"
Modify message

Imagine a community
Imagine a cooperative
Imagine a company
Imagine a country
Imagine a currency
Imagine them all as one!

=============

Offline bytemaster

Chorus:
"
Modify message

Imagine a community
Imagine a cooperative
Imagine a company
Imagine a country
Imagine a currency
Imagine them all as one!

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Agreed ... although .. from blockchain perspective .. BM can be "replaced" as a developer ... just saying

The blockchain is independent of the devs!!

Yes but from the public's perspective BM is the creator and founder--->therefore anything he says or does can and will be held against the blockchain in the mainstream media.

I think that might have been one of the reasons Satoshi wanted to remain anonymous and left bitcoin after it could walk on it's own.

I think most people who are drawn to BitShares will believe in greater individual freedom and privacy to some degree.

I think a key leader, like Bytemaster, who believes in those ideals to the maximum is probably a positive. So even though I think these ideas will create some robust debates, & I personally think he's too idealistic, that's kind of the point of the song 'Some may say I'm a dreamer'  I also think now that we've transitioned to more of a competitive company than crypto-currency metaphor that it's also good to root ourselves in some meaning or purpose that's not entirely Darwinistically ruthless and his personal vision for the world is something that does that.

Remember the TED video... we are still small...  if we can win over the 10% of the 3% that voted for Ron Paul we will have a huge user base.   Bitcoin was born on the backs of these users and has gone astray.   If we can recover and convert the original Bitcoin believers then they can do for us what they did for Bitcoin.   

I think we sell the GOAL and not the MEANS.     BitShares is an imperfect attempt/compromise to realize a universal goal:  non-violence and world peace and prosperity.  I am just uncompromising in my pursuit of those goals.   As long as we are careful to separate the goal from the means we can gain support from everyone.

Offline bytemaster

Offline bobmaloney

I can make this into an original song if you so desire.

Plus five
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)