Author Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 25292 times)

Offline fuzzy

can we lock this thread so the real thread can get traction please?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I honestly think both will suck at the end, I am just annoyed that the community seem to care more about the POW BS.

POW is dead, only worshiped today by zombies. But if someone wants to start a gas station or a juice bar and give me a cut, then I'll be thankful.

zerosum

Sparkle is bright as lightning. I welcome him a thousand times over.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostofsparkles

I'm hyped.  Way better than this Rand Paul Coin IMO.

^^^ Notice royalty free music suitable for a themesong.

Yee, this Ron Paul guys seems to generally suck at self promotion (as well as, at fast sudden improvements of his coin).
The sparkle guy has already started 2 threads in General discussion and has improved his block speed (aka dilution ratio) 3x times in less than 24h.

And this Ron guy have not even started a thread of his, yet. The 50% promised by  Sparklely, sound way cooler. Plus who does not like digging ditches, right? After all we all started as ditch diggers... sorry miners.

I am absolutely Sparklely, so to speak.

[disclaimer]
 I honestly think both will suck at the end, I am just annoyed that the community seem to care more about the POW BS.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostofsparkles

I'm hyped.  Way better than this Rand Paul Coin IMO.

^^^ Notice royalty free music suitable for a themesong.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:04:18 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline fuzzy

I cant necessarily disagree with that point, but its not like max keiser is easy to get on.

I am personally done with this converaation for the time being.  We will see if brian works magic or not in the coming months.  The community, in the meantime, has a backup plan.

I am very sorry to sparkle for this thread turning into something ridiculous. Im not a fan of mining personally, but I will say one thing--you deserve better for sharedropping on our community. 

I will gladly open up a running thread on the beyond bitcoin subreddit for you to answer questions from our community.  I will also apologize for charles dropping chow here once again...and also for fueling his fire.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:30:54 am by fuzzy »

charleshoskinson

Thanks for being so humble Charlie. I was expecting to offer your own services... but such a humble guy you are.

:) After taking this job, I really humbled up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJD1Iwy5lUY
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:28:13 am by charleshoskinson »

zerosum

As far as mastercoin I recall you seeming pretty buddy buddy with them.

Like when Ethereum stole two of their programmers :) Vitalik worked on both colored coins and mastercoin prior to creating Ethereum. He brought over some people from both projects when Ethereum was revving up. The other MC person I really got to know was Dave Johnston and yes I'm pretty buddy buddy with him. We both were in the Ron Paul campaign back in 2008 (Colorado and Louisiana respectively). That said, I was disappointed with the whole maidsafe affair. I also thought Storj was a better venture to back.   

Well if you are going to fling accusations and then make no effort to back them up don't go screaming like a girl  when you don't like how people treat you.(we can be sexist in crypto there are literally 0 women)

Nothing would make me happier, but its a complex issue involving more than just me and now isn't the time for it. My criticism of bitshares, mastercoin and ethereum have always revolved around either changes to social contracts, ineffective execution or lack of community building. Honestly guys, you're paying 10 grand a month to a marketing guy who can't get you on Max Keiser. There are some wonderful people in this space who could do it for half the price. Nahan Wosnack comes to mind who was able to do it for free for Bitnation.
Thanks for being so humble Charlie. I was expecting you to offer your own services... but such a humble guy you are.

charleshoskinson

Like when Ethereum stole two of their programmers :) Vitalik worked on both colored coins and mastercoin prior to creating Ethereum. He brought over some people from both projects when Ethereum was revving up. The other MC person I really got to know was Dave Johnston and yes I'm pretty buddy buddy with him. We both were in the Ron Paul campaign back in 2008 (Colorado and Louisiana respectively). That said, I was disappointed with the whole maidsafe affair. I also thought Storj was a better venture to back.   

Well if you are going to fling accusations and then make no effort to back them up don't go screaming like a girl  when you don't like how people treat you.(we can be sexist in crypto there are literally 0 women)

Nothing would make me happier, but its a complex issue involving more than just me and now isn't the time for it. My criticism of bitshares, mastercoin and ethereum have always revolved around either changes to social contracts, ineffective execution or lack of community building. Honestly guys, you're paying 10 grand a month to a marketing guy who can't get you on Max Keiser. There are some wonderful people in this space who could do it for half the price. Nathan Wosnack comes to mind who was able to do it for free for Bitnation. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:21:10 am by charleshoskinson »

Offline fuzzy

But then I can't do a Frost-Nixon. It really ties the room together.

I agree with gamey

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Well if you are going to fling accusations and then make no effort to back them up don't go screaming like a girl  when you don't like how people treat you.(we can be sexist in crypto there are literally 0 women)  :'(

Offline fuzzy

SO how are they connected, all bullshit aside?

One of these days, I'll do one of those Frost-Nixon interviews with Adam. It will be fun.

Weren't you part of Mastercoin too?

No never, and in fact I was one of the harshest critics of the mastercoin team. Dan and I endured a long debate back in I believe July of last year from J.R. and Ron on the Bitshares intro thread. Later, when I was speaking in Toronto, J.R. asked a pretty direct security question when I was speaking. I like David Johnston, but I think MC is a failed project and was poorly run from the start.

Conspiracies theories much?  I think dan is plenty busy working on a number of more Important projects than that of sparkles.  I think, however, that sparkles has hit a nerve with charlie.. maybe he is playing the fiddle too hot?  Regardless, im starting to like the guy.

Fuzz, not many people mention bitcoin mag and the foundation. Even fewer remember that I was the first education chair and resigned around October of last year. I'm impressed with the digging.

Or maybe, just maybe, you are underestimating this community's following, man.

zerosum

I hate these flame war threads.

And I for one value reading Charles' very smart posts and Im glad he is around here. I dont get why there is so much hate. I also respect anyone who is willing to put their real name out in the public domain and stand for something.

I havent read this whole thread but OP is saying he wants to take a profitable company and make it unprofitable ??? One of the "latest innovations provided by BitShares" was getting rid of mining.

Me too - I like reading CH posts, but I general do not read them either.
I also like to say that the posters are right. We should be more * in those discussions.

One of these days, I'll do one of those Frost-Nixon interviews with Adam. It will be fun.

Lets see.  So Sparkles makes claims.  You say this person is put up to this by someone, then you throw out these links to try and tie it all back to Dan.  Why can't you just tell us what you are referring to?  Come straight with us.  Please.

I believe CH is saying all he wants to say, the rest he blames on NDA's and stuff.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:11:07 am by tonyk2 »

charleshoskinson

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Lets see.  So Sparkles makes claims.  You say this person is put up to this by someone, then you throw out these links to try and tie it all back to Dan.  Why can't you just tell us what you are referring to?  Come straight with us.  Please.