Author Topic: Introducing Sparkle - BitShares meets Proof of Work.  (Read 25129 times)

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Wait, what?

50 miners elected by the sparkles + 50 workers?

Can you provide more info about this delegated mining?

Mining is't delegated unless mining pools are used.  This is a pure Proof of Work coin.   Delegates don't produce blocks, only miners produce blocks.  They get paid to do work and broadcast feeds. 

zerosum

Wait, what?

50 miners elected by the sparkles + 50 workers?

Can you provide more info about this delegated mining?

charleshoskinson

He's just getting the warm bitshares welcome

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Indeed, there's no need for hostility.  Personally I think Sparkle will be unable to compete with BitShares due to POW inefficiencies, but if it serves as a stepping stone for those who think POW is the only way, that's great.  If everything else is copied straight from BitShares it will still be better than most Bitcoin clones.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Give us your previous username(s) on this forum or get lost.

Why the hostility? 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

What a warm welcome!   The social consensus is being honored I expected better.   Perhaps Sparkle would be better of with 0 pre-mine.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Sparkle is the first next-generation block chain built around proof-of-work but with all of the latest innovations provided by BitShares, including BitAssets and paid workers.

Sparkle uses the SHA512 hashing algorithm for proof of work and expects to change the proof of work algorithm based upon delegate consensus.     

General Info
  • The unit of account will be the “spark” (SPK)
  • 100 million initial sparks allocated 50/50 AGS/PTS as of November 5th.
  • 1 minute average block times.
  • 101 paid workers elected by the sparklers (aka spark-holders)
  • 50 Spark Mining reward halving every 4 years
  • 50 Spark Worker reward halving every 4 years divided among all workers proportional to their pay rate every block.
  • 100% Transaction fees are paid to miners.

Other than replacing the consensus algorithm with proof of work and tweaking the worker pay Sparkle will continue to evolve to incorporate all of the latest features being produced by the BitShares delegates. 

It is our firm belief that BitShares is a great product but that it is hindered by using an unproven (no offense) consensus system.  By adapting BitShares to Proof of Work we hope to bring BitAssets to the masses and gain wide acceptance among the huge proof of work community.

I cannot post links yet being a new account, but development is underway here:  github /sparkle5/

I am looking for help creating the logo and a web page for Sparkle.   Creating such a page is a great way to get elected as a paid worker.   

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:18:57 am by cass »