Author Topic: BitUSD printed bank notes  (Read 1458 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Printed notes present counterfeiting problems, how does someone know it's redeemable?  I've seen it done for bitcoin cold storage but its not something people can use to trade with on a large scale as it requires trusting the other person that its a 'real' private key with bitUSD on it.

That's the same problem with mobile service prepaid card . You never know if it's real or not until you actually use it.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Printed notes present counterfeiting problems, how does someone know it's redeemable?  I've seen it done for bitcoin cold storage but its not something people can use to trade with on a large scale as it requires trusting the other person that its a 'real' private key with bitUSD on it.

I think even casascius coins that had relatively advanced holographic sticker protection were proven to be "hackable" by dissolving the stickers glue, so it would probably never be safe to accept as payment from someone you don't trust. Would be a really cool novelty item though, I have a bunch of the early casascius coins and I think they're really awesome. As long as you trust the issuer it's an excellent gift and introduction to the system, so to the OP, go for it! I'd definitely buy a lot to give out as gifts.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Has anyone thought of making custom printed notes that contain a private key with say 10 BitUSD ?

I would love to be able to print these out and sell them at Bitcoin meetups.

The UK bank notes contain the famous phrase "I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of ten pounds.", meaning they used to be redeemable for gold, before central banks went full retard. We could paraphrase that with a real promise: "I promise to pay the bearer $10 worth of BitShares".

The printed note could also include the url for where to download the wallet and redeem your funds.

Ive spoken to an artist friend and Ill see if I can get some mockups, if people here think this is a good idea.