Author Topic: Vote for marketing.methodx  (Read 10365 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I'm voting for methodx because he's a marketer that explains his techniques and reasoning, and he delivers!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline James212

• View Profile
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline wrzkll

• View Profile
  • BitShares: dara
Thanks that worked...Why is 0.5 fee default if one can chose lower (0.1)?
The original reason was that if everyone had to only pay 0.1 then running a delegate would not even pay for the server ...
with the most recent changes and payed delegates .. the tx fees are burned and not payed any longer .. so there is no need to distinguish between minimum fee and recommended fee ..

worth a discussion .. could you open up a new thread for that and ask the same question to the general public?

Great info...thanks!

Here's the new thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11679.0

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The original reason was that if everyone had to only pay 0.1 then running a delegate would not even pay for the server ...
with the most recent changes and payed delegates .. the tx fees are burned and not payed any longer .. so there is no need to distinguish between minimum fee and recommended fee ..

worth a discussion .. could you open up a new thread for that and ask the same question to the general public?

Offline wrzkll

• View Profile
Help! For Step 5, When I hit vote, I get a popup which says "Are you sure? This will send xxxxxxxx BTS to (my name). It will charge a fee of 0.5 BTS.

I've never voted. Why do I have to send all my BTS to my self for a fee?

You can change the transaction fee to 0.1 BTS by clicking on Preferences on the left side of the window and changing the value there.

You have to send the entire account value to yourself because it allows the blockchain to store your voting data with the account balance data and essentially any time this data is changed you need a small fee(to prevent spamming and such).

Hope this helps

Thanks xeroc...voted for you and nikolai as well.

Offline wrzkll

• View Profile
Help! For Step 5, When I hit vote, I get a popup which says "Are you sure? This will send xxxxxxxx BTS to (my name). It will charge a fee of 0.5 BTS.

You can change the transaction fee to 0.1 BTS by clicking on Preferences on the left side of the window and changing the value there.

You have to send the entire account value to yourself because it allows the blockchain to store your voting data with the account balance data and essentially any time this data is changed you need a small fee(to prevent spamming and such).

Hope this helps

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thats how voting works .. everytime you move your funds you Vote ... its a part of the transactions ... to vote with your full strength you need to move your full amount

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona

Hope this helps
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline wrzkll

• View Profile

Offline pseudoscops

You have my vote too :)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
 +5% You'll have my vote, though most of my remaining stake is in cold storage, but there's a solution in the next update it seems...

Yup. I haven't voted with most of my stake yet either. Next update will have a simple cold storage / voter key solution.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Voted, and did it right this time, it went though.  I voted for him because he is revealing himself to be a professional, highly experienced, and an action taker.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:15:06 pm by matt608 »

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
I'm voting for you as a delegate, as it seems you're doing exactly what I proposed here : )
Please approve me for your message board.

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
will add you to my slate on the next update!