Author Topic: First PeerTracks gathering  (Read 15149 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
How much fun would it be to find out who the anonymous internet assholes are and then to follow them around and point out every time thier plans dont work out exactly as intended.  Probably shouldn't have eaten that.  What were you thinking marrying her?  You went to school for what?  Should have taken the side streets.

Here's the difference, you're not paying for my meals, school or wedding. Obviously there's different ways to express frustration but let's not mix up analogies here.  Let's try this one:

How much fun would it be to send money to a project, watch the goal posts being constantly moved, lack of meaningful communication, refusal to face investors through a mumble session or spending accountability?

I still have a chunk of Muse, I'm just happier not worrying about this being organized like a professional project such as Augur. I hope to cash in on my investment if it takes off, I stopped trying to ask questions. 

Best of luck to Cob and company.

Point taken.  I was not referring to you.  From what I have seen you have been respectful and reasonable.  I'm not trying to defend muse or anyone else.  Just railing against assholes on the internet.  An admittedly pointless measure. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

How much fun would it be to find out who the anonymous internet assholes are and then to follow them around and point out every time thier plans dont work out exactly as intended.  Probably shouldn't have eaten that.  What were you thinking marrying her?  You went to school for what?  Should have taken the side streets.

Here's the difference, you're not paying for my meals, school or wedding. Obviously there's different ways to express frustration but let's not mix up analogies here.  Let's try this one:

How much fun would it be to send money to a project, watch the goal posts being constantly moved, lack of meaningful communication, refusal to face investors through a mumble session or spending accountability?

I still have a chunk of Muse, I'm just happier not worrying about this being organized like a professional project such as Augur. I hope to cash in on my investment if it takes off, I stopped trying to ask questions. 

Best of luck to Cob and company.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
It is still March... You could wait until April to make this comment  :)

It seems that soft launch is planning for 2017. or later   :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

We are planning on a soft launch in March. The goal is to have a working MVP of PeerTracks’ basic features and get a few hundred users testing everything out. Artists will also be able to sign up at launch and see what the blockchain can do for them.

What year?

It is still March... You could wait until April to make this comment  :)

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile

We are planning on a soft launch in March. The goal is to have a working MVP of PeerTracks’ basic features and get a few hundred users testing everything out. Artists will also be able to sign up at launch and see what the blockchain can do for them.

What year?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Within 4 months everything will happen!  +5%

Offline BtsxCapital

• View Profile
There is nothing ever achieved, without it first being conceived in the mind.

BtsxCapital

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Good to see, really impressing.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Great update Cob!

Super excited about the progress.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Awesome! This reminds me of visiting I3 and hacking for a week back in march. We're seeing the vision stan kept pumping materialize at 1/3rd the predicted rate. That should mean we should see "pictures from the garage" from new groups appearing at an accelerating rate.

Denny should organize a hackathon for playshares
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitsapphire

Good job guys! It was very productive week, I'm very excited to work on this project and do the best of me. I really believe on my team and I'm pretty sure we are going to revolutionize this industry :)
Hey Erdis,
can you enlighten us by telling who exactly you are and what part of the project you are working on? maybe i just missed it ..

Erdis is our UX/UI guy for Peertracks. This week he helped us put together a low fidelity clickable application for user testing this week. We do these kinds of tests almost every week with potential users to get early and fast feedback.

Only Taulant and Dite were in Houston, the rest of the team helped from Kosovo.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline testz

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good job guys! It was very productive week, I'm very excited to work on this project and do the best of me. I really believe on my team and I'm pretty sure we are going to revolutionize this industry :)
Hey Erdis,
can you enlighten us by telling who exactly you are and what part of the project you are working on? maybe i just missed it ..

Offline Erdis

• UI/UX Designer
    • View Profile
    • My Design Portfolio
HERE! Check My Design Portfolio http://erdisdriza.com

-Vote for Bitsapphire and Support the Bitsharestalk forum-

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline oco101

• View Profile
-We’ve figured out a way to make our back end cheap, fast and transparent. So much that it could change the crypto and tech worlds in general. BitShares Music might grow up to be much MUCH more.

This is a intriguing statement right there !!! I'm looking forward to see the exact meaning of all this.

For everything else +1. Keep the updates coming !!

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Thanks for the good news, good to hear from you. BitShares music will rock !  +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
....and off we go.... +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
thanks for the update +5%!!!!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
nice update.

information is good to get early feedback from investors and musisicians.

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
Cob, do you have any guess as to when the Notes will trade on the open market? I can see how you might want to wait until the product is near, but there also could be some advantages to doing it sooner.

+5%

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Great!!!  +5% I like the wording "MVP"

So Proto-DAC will be skipped and Music directly goes to MVP?

Not sure yet. I'd love to lie and sound like I have a clue but crypto world moves too fast and I have no idea what can happen until march.

toooooo many moving parts ^^
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
I'm really looking forward to what you guys come up with. Such an amazing opportunity.
 +5%

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Great!!!  +5% I like the wording "MVP"

So Proto-DAC will be skipped and Music directly goes to MVP?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline myhometalk

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cob, do you have any guess as to when the Notes will trade on the open market? I can see how you might want to wait until the product is near, but there also could be some advantages to doing it sooner.

Offline dexinwong

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
It is exciting seeing you guys brainstorming and coming out with good practical ideas.   Keep it up!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cool! Can't wait (but will).

Offline Overthetop

Great Thoughts!

As  a PTSer , AGSer and Pre-sell buyer, I fully support the music team to find the new way out .

Let us make the revolution of digital publishing industry using Blockchain and DPOS technology,that are the weapons whose power have not been recognized yet by traditional oligarchs in this area.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:11:42 am by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5% +5% +5%

Yeah!  Great to read of your epic epiphanies.  :)

Take the edge and run with it, we'll run with you!

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Hello everyone!

As some of you may know PeerTracks just had a week long gathering of the devs in Houston Texas. Since we’ve decided the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) needs to include streaming, we used the opportunity to get the whole team in one location and go over the entire business model from A to Z.

After having met the Kosovo guys (which are AWESOME might I add) in person, we locked ourselves is a house for a week with some whiteboards, post-its, stickers and really got down to business.

To say the week long design sprint was productive would be an understatement! It was extremely valuable. For the first 3-4 days we had epiphany after epiphany. This is going to be bigger than we all thought. And yet the purpose of the sprint was to get all ideas and features and possibilities down to an MVP. So although a ton a value was discovered, the road towards reaching it is now way shorter and simpler.

The goal was to find out what gives us the edge on the competition. What do we have that none of the big players have? What is our unfair advantage?
Well, we found it and are going to capture that market as fast as possible. The rest will be built on top of the MVP and all the extra little features will be added later on once we’ve established a presence in the music market.

Now I wish I could spill the beans and tell you guys everything we figured out and yes it’s very un-crypto of us to keep it secret…
BUT
We simply cannot go into details just yet. We are going up against Google, Apple and a bunch of Sharks in the music industry. They have the funding, they have the coders, they have the time, the lawyers, the contacts.
Yet we found our unfair advantage and are going to RUN with it.

To give you an idea of what I mean, think of google +
Google has the tech, the money, the people, and everything you could possibly imagine to create a great social media platform that could out perform Facebook. And yet, Google + still has not caught on, why? Because the community is what’s valuable. We cannot built a gimmick website that can simply be replicated by the big boys for a million dollars.
We have our unfair advantage and a beach head. We know exactly what we need to do in order to make it big  (:

So just to keep it very general.
-We’ve figured out a way to make our back end cheap, fast and transparent. So much that it could change the crypto and tech worlds in general. BitShares Music might grow up to be much MUCH more.
-We’ve found a way, through the existence of Artistcoins, to benefit to small artist and the already a superstar artist.
-We’ve found a way to fix the Taylor Swift vs Spotify issue. Meaning huge selling point for BIG artists.
-We’ve found a way to make the best playlists out there. (appealing to users/music listeners)
-We’ve found a way to change the entire royalty tracking payment system.

And we’ve actually started testing the user interface with users to see if the non-crypto people get it.

More details will come out as we go of course.

From there, Eddie and I will work on getting additional funding in order to get our MVP all the bells and whistles it needs to be a full blown, scalable beast of a machine!

So thank you everyone for the support thus far. Very appreciated! We are doing our best to deliver a kick ass product ensuring that the network it rests on has a high value. I am no doubt biased on this but I think buying Notes was a good move ^^

Here are a few pictures of our week for those that are interested!

http://imgur.com/5yKSOnI&vwj4u2W&7qr9gJZ&qJJs2bO&ajydrBL&DzistkC#0
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.