Author Topic: First PeerTracks gathering  (Read 15052 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
It is exciting seeing you guys brainstorming and coming out with good practical ideas.   Keep it up!
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cool! Can't wait (but will).

Offline Overthetop

Great Thoughts!

As  a PTSer , AGSer and Pre-sell buyer, I fully support the music team to find the new way out .

Let us make the revolution of digital publishing industry using Blockchain and DPOS technology,that are the weapons whose power have not been recognized yet by traditional oligarchs in this area.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:11:42 am by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5% +5% +5%

Yeah!  Great to read of your epic epiphanies.  :)

Take the edge and run with it, we'll run with you!

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Hello everyone!

As some of you may know PeerTracks just had a week long gathering of the devs in Houston Texas. Since we’ve decided the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) needs to include streaming, we used the opportunity to get the whole team in one location and go over the entire business model from A to Z.

After having met the Kosovo guys (which are AWESOME might I add) in person, we locked ourselves is a house for a week with some whiteboards, post-its, stickers and really got down to business.

To say the week long design sprint was productive would be an understatement! It was extremely valuable. For the first 3-4 days we had epiphany after epiphany. This is going to be bigger than we all thought. And yet the purpose of the sprint was to get all ideas and features and possibilities down to an MVP. So although a ton a value was discovered, the road towards reaching it is now way shorter and simpler.

The goal was to find out what gives us the edge on the competition. What do we have that none of the big players have? What is our unfair advantage?
Well, we found it and are going to capture that market as fast as possible. The rest will be built on top of the MVP and all the extra little features will be added later on once we’ve established a presence in the music market.

Now I wish I could spill the beans and tell you guys everything we figured out and yes it’s very un-crypto of us to keep it secret…
BUT
We simply cannot go into details just yet. We are going up against Google, Apple and a bunch of Sharks in the music industry. They have the funding, they have the coders, they have the time, the lawyers, the contacts.
Yet we found our unfair advantage and are going to RUN with it.

To give you an idea of what I mean, think of google +
Google has the tech, the money, the people, and everything you could possibly imagine to create a great social media platform that could out perform Facebook. And yet, Google + still has not caught on, why? Because the community is what’s valuable. We cannot built a gimmick website that can simply be replicated by the big boys for a million dollars.
We have our unfair advantage and a beach head. We know exactly what we need to do in order to make it big  (:

So just to keep it very general.
-We’ve figured out a way to make our back end cheap, fast and transparent. So much that it could change the crypto and tech worlds in general. BitShares Music might grow up to be much MUCH more.
-We’ve found a way, through the existence of Artistcoins, to benefit to small artist and the already a superstar artist.
-We’ve found a way to fix the Taylor Swift vs Spotify issue. Meaning huge selling point for BIG artists.
-We’ve found a way to make the best playlists out there. (appealing to users/music listeners)
-We’ve found a way to change the entire royalty tracking payment system.

And we’ve actually started testing the user interface with users to see if the non-crypto people get it.

More details will come out as we go of course.

We are planning on a soft launch in March. The goal is to have a working MVP of PeerTracks’ basic features and get a few hundred users testing everything out. Artists will also be able to sign up at launch and see what the blockchain can do for them.
From there, Eddie and I will work on getting additional funding in order to get our MVP all the bells and whistles it needs to be a full blown, scalable beast of a machine!

So thank you everyone for the support thus far. Very appreciated! We are doing our best to deliver a kick ass product ensuring that the network it rests on has a high value. I am no doubt biased on this but I think buying Notes was a good move ^^

Here are a few pictures of our week for those that are interested!

http://imgur.com/5yKSOnI&vwj4u2W&7qr9gJZ&qJJs2bO&ajydrBL&DzistkC#0
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.