Author Topic: Becoming a saver & BitGold and Bit USD Question.  (Read 1464 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Can we get Daniel or Brian on Max Keiser on RT?? I think that would help get the word out when you're ready.

Now that is an idea  +5%

Welcome to Bitshares :)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You interpret the buy screen as the current price of BitGold in terms of the underlying shares.

Its pretty awesome that you heard about BitShares from maxkeiser.com, even if it was just an article written by someone else. Maybe he is paying attention to this project too :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:21:51 pm by speedy »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Thank you for the quick reply, very much appreciate it.  +5%

Basically, i got in to Bitcoin when it was $40. Every since then I have just loved the concept but never heard about Bitshares until a week ago when i stumbled upon an article on Max Keisers website (maxkeiser.com). I read that and then started searching on bitshares and listen to a 2 hour conference call with brian and daniel talking about the benefits of Bitshares.

I love the concept and i really want to get away from the traditional bank and start saving on the blockchain. I think we really need to get the word out because this concept can sell itself (where can i buy hoodies/T-shirts) and i also think we need some idiot proof videos on how to use the app - it looks like a day trading platform sometimes and some easy to understand videos would help greatly.  For example, how do i change my wallet password? I believe there is a mobile app coming from a video i watched yesterday. That will be nice too.

Can we get Daniel or Brian on Max Keiser on RT?? I think that would help get the word out when you're ready.

Just my 2cents.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You got it! Simple as that, to go long bitAssets just buy and hold.

Just curious, what brought you to BTS? Favorite / least favorite parts?
(I'm going to start asking every newbie)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I am totally new, so forgive the basic question.

1. If i want to buy Bitgold because i believe the price of gold will go up over the long term, can i just buy bitgold and hold it? I'm not sure how to interpret the buy screen and I just want to buy and hold rather than have to cover my loses if the price of gold falls.

2. I would like to use bitshares for banking. Do you just buy BitUSD and hold it for it to track the USD?

Thank you.
Michael