Author Topic: [Megabounty Thread] Help Us Write the Protoshares Copy  (Read 16078 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Re: [Megabounty Thread] Help Us Write the Protoshares Copy
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »
If Stan doesn't want the tip, I'll gladly accept it for pointing the line out... ;)

PaM2aNK6B2EjUuj9TJ9irfEZkeuMWuetaM

That's fine with me.  I say a lot of things without noticing if they are any good.  Recognizing the value of a good line is what counts.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:21 am »
Thank you!

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:26:36 am »
Tips have been paid to this who contributed most to the website.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 05:43:39 am »
If Stan doesn't want the tip, I'll gladly accept it for pointing the line out... ;)

PaM2aNK6B2EjUuj9TJ9irfEZkeuMWuetaM

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 03:03:39 am »
You know..... ProtoShares are really difficult to explain without sounding like a scam. I recommend we focus on the up coming BitShare ecosystem as a whole. Then, we can talk about the soon to be released Keyhotee, urging people to get into Keyhotee early to secure a great name for the future. And, oh by the way, BitShares aren't out yet and can't be bought or mined. But! You can buy/mine protoShares to help support the current phase of development. Also, in reward to early adopters and help for growing the BitShares project, each ProtoShare will give you an equal Share of each future DAC released. And then you can have a simple explanation of how this works. I'm afraid we really need to look at Mastercoin for a roadmap here. Mastercoin looks much bigger than they actually are. The have like 10 sites with FAQs and explanations of the project. But they are actually a ways off from being ready. They've done a great job of explaining how early adopters will benefit if the project takes off. I think we should do the same. Show people the vision of the project and then tell them how they can get involved.
I concur. Why don't we do this. Let's fix up the protoshares site so we have something. Then we perhaps can scrap it and roll it into the Bitshares site. I think we should simply market protoshares as a pre-order for our other products rather than a new magic coin.

But ProtoShares is a new magic coin.  The first currency secured by the potential of an entire new industry.  What's backing your coin?

DACs are service-based entities. I think we need to sell the service. So, "What's backing your coin?" is wonderful because it's the service and the usefulness of that service that's backing the coin. With invictus, it's actually a whole ecosystem of services. I want to put that system out in front and show people how awesome it is and will be. I think that's how we get more people on board with the project.

+1
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:00 am »
You know..... ProtoShares are really difficult to explain without sounding like a scam. I recommend we focus on the up coming BitShare ecosystem as a whole. Then, we can talk about the soon to be released Keyhotee, urging people to get into Keyhotee early to secure a great name for the future. And, oh by the way, BitShares aren't out yet and can't be bought or mined. But! You can buy/mine protoShares to help support the current phase of development. Also, in reward to early adopters and help for growing the BitShares project, each ProtoShare will give you an equal Share of each future DAC released. And then you can have a simple explanation of how this works. I'm afraid we really need to look at Mastercoin for a roadmap here. Mastercoin looks much bigger than they actually are. The have like 10 sites with FAQs and explanations of the project. But they are actually a ways off from being ready. They've done a great job of explaining how early adopters will benefit if the project takes off. I think we should do the same. Show people the vision of the project and then tell them how they can get involved.
I concur. Why don't we do this. Let's fix up the protoshares site so we have something. Then we perhaps can scrap it and roll it into the Bitshares site. I think we should simply market protoshares as a pre-order for our other products rather than a new magic coin.

But ProtoShares is a new magic coin.  The first currency secured by the potential of an entire new industry.  What's backing your coin?

DACs are service-based entities. I think we need to sell the service. So, "What's backing your coin?" is wonderful because it's the service and the usefulness of that service that's backing the coin. With invictus, it's actually a whole ecosystem of services. I want to put that system out in front and show people how awesome it is and will be. I think that's how we get more people on board with the project.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 02:03:16 am »
What's backing your coin?

Great tagline, in my opinion. Provocative, and in turn begs the question back at PTS, which hooks them to learn more.
Now that you say that I like it too. We can use it. Have PTS tip address Stan?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:16 pm »
What's backing your coin?

Great tagline, in my opinion. Provocative, and in turn begs the question back at PTS, which hooks them to learn more.

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 09:58:54 pm »

We know that, but with coins like Dogecoin out there everyone is quite skeptical of everthing. The average consumer is going to make a choice in less than 60 seconds. It just comes down to good marketing for people to get people's initial attention so they realize the true value. 

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:00 pm »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

I think this is an excellent point, and anytime someone asked me to explain ProtoShares in Vegas, I backed up a bit and explained DACs, BitShares and then mentioned ProtoShares as how you can get into it all today.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 03:30:04 am »
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline claytonr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 12:45:58 am »
Word sets:
Economically viable, Innovation supporting, intrinsically valuable, master designed, democratic enterprise (thinking DACs here).

Copy on PTS:
Protoshares gives immediate equity into exciting future products from private companies. Each Protoshare is backed by a social contract: a promise to exchange it for a share in any newly released product that supports it. It is unique because it has tangible value: significant payouts on future types of cryptocurrency or products (DACs). Protoshares is the only bitcoin derived cryptocurrency to give holders a stake in the future decentralized economy, one with exciting improvements to otherwise centralized problems.

Rough draft.
PTS: PoVrjrtnGpxwZYneBGfo4euvqejWMvQUDr | BTC: 1xxsebojQizYZLiuMb3yiT4Kc59Mzurqm | XPM: AaTY55Vj69f1DKfVhbPebTjrM7L8fz3AVk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 12:36:39 am »
i like the site feeling and smooth scroll effect .. but pls use the original PTS logo on startscreen  ;D

edit: on bottom mac screenshot - 2 blue color variations don't harmonize -  perhaps a mac screenshot could eleminate this color issue
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:44:59 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█