Author Topic: [Megabounty Thread] Help Us Write the Protoshares Copy  (Read 15815 times)

Offline super3

• View Profile
Re: [Megabounty Thread] Help Us Write the Protoshares Copy
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 12:31:26 am »
http://protoshares.net is up. Still putting the finishing touches on it so I wouldn't pass it around quite just yet. Please continue to give be pointed and constructive feedback.

Note that we are taking the running and open development approach. Anyway is welcome to raise nitpicks and ideas, as well as contribute to the website code via pull requests.

Full Code:
https://github.com/super3/protoshares.net
Issues:
https://github.com/super3/protoshares.net/issues

Todo: Change Market Growth and Make Download Buttons work.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »
Who cares about the Momentum algorithm?  The opportunity for the average person to mine has passed.

And I agree my phrasing is not perfect, I'm not submitting this to the bounty but if you're going to bother with the website you should point out the actual advantages rather than just random bulletpoints like every other alt.   Invictus is probably the most advanced company doing work in this space, that should be pointed out.  PTS represents a stake not just of any company but of one that is going to break new ground.

I agree with LightHouse's point... Momentum failed to achieve long term security against GPU... though it was sufficient to enable CPU mining only for the vast majority of the supply.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 04:26:02 am »
Who cares about the Momentum algorithm?  The opportunity for the average person to mine has passed.

And I agree my phrasing is not perfect, I'm not submitting this to the bounty but if you're going to bother with the website you should point out the actual advantages rather than just random bulletpoints like every other alt.   Invictus is probably the most advanced company doing work in this space, that should be pointed out.  PTS represents a stake not just of any company but of one that is going to break new ground.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 04:22:05 am »
Also, the D in DAC is Distributed, not decentralized
Whoops. Good catch.

Ok I like your blurb on Periodic Payments, but I think it could be said better. Perhaps we could just focus on the Momentum algo instead of calling it CPU mining.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 04:10:35 am »
Also, the D in DAC is Distributed, not decentralized
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 04:10:01 am »
Both Market Valuation and CPU Minable are bad things to make primary pillars.  One is circular, the other no longer really true and it didnt go so much to plan so might be better not to point too much attention.

Better to focus on -

Periodic Payouts
You may have heard of Bitcoin, like Bitcoin Protoshares is a Cryptocurrency but unlike Bitcoin there is a good reason to hold them.  When Invictus Innovations releases a new product, the holders of Protoshares get a piece of it for free!

Pioneering
Invictus Innovations is blazing the trail in Cryptoequities, you're invited to join the quest!  With radical transparency, open source development, new solutions to old problems, ready finance, collaborators and a team to make it all happen.  Protoshares is the cutting edge of Cryptocurrency. 

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 03:49:13 am »
Ok here is the draft. http://198.199.86.4/Protoshares.net/
Will have to make some changes and fix somethings, but its just about ready.

Make sure your PTS addresses are correct. Will send bounties soon.

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:14 pm »
Is this right?

DACs are service-based companies. Funded by people, they generate profits for their backers from the services they provide. DAC services run autonomously in a decentralized network, utilizing block-chain technology to manage their affairs.

PTS: PfQxtMos7ZPFNhn6FesDxFgoZXkjekpGru
This is good. Any more along this line?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 04:53:59 am »
[$50] Describe DACs in 3 short, ~2 sentence descriptions.
This should give you a good start(http://invictus-innovations.com/i-dac). If have a good image to show your point, I will add $25 to the bounty.
----------------------------------------------------
DACs are like languages: they are virtual entities given form and life by the consensus of their users.  As long as consensus among users exists, a language or DAC will have utility to those who participate.

A DAC is a voluntary social contract defining protocols the use of which will benefit those who practice them.  A DAC is created when a protocol is defined and attracts enough practitioners to give it life.

DACs are organic sets of conventions that streamline human interaction in a given domain.  Using them increases efficiency because procedures are already clearly defined, leaving no room for deception or error.
----------------------------------------------------

^ Are those too abstract?

Offline ufohjh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »
yeah

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 04:10:37 pm »
Decentralized Network
Secure Currency
Unique Benefits
Composite Value

--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline wav4rm

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:02:37 pm »
[$20] 4 Two Word Descriptions of Protoshares.
I came up with "Fair Mining, New Algorithm, Community Led, and Funds DACs." Perhaps you can think of something better.

Equitable mining
Altchain platform (or "altchain protocol" in the sense that PTS can be used to fork other chains while maintaining the network utility of PTS, as I understand it)
Uniquely decentralized
Built for businesses

[$50] Describe DACs in 3 short, ~2 sentence descriptions.

DACs are software programs that run their own corporations, providing services to consumers, paying bills and expanding the business with the revenue, and paying shareholders with the dividends. They can be created to perform a wide variety of services, and take advantage of the core principles of the Bitcoin protocol and decentralized services in general.

DACs exist to solve many of the practical and social problems plaguing the corporate landscape, and to do for the corporate world what Bitcoin is doing for the finance world. DACs are a framework for corporations which cannot be influenced by governments or internal corruption.

DACs are a way to remove the human element from how corporations are run. With no central point of failure, and no human errors or misconduct, DACS provide a unique way to incentivize investors and new businesses.

By hard-wiring business logic, distribution of equity, and ethical considerations into the code of a DAC, the incentives of the investors and the incentives of the DAC are 100% aligned. This is not true of any traditional corporation, where managers' personal goals are often only slightly aligned with the stated goals of the corporation.

I'll come back to WHY - I think I'd be repeating myself a bit from the WHAT section

PbPotr4LbdwEvqfLMpWt84J5YSRKWX3X9F

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:31:17 pm »
Is this right?

DACs are service-based companies. Funded by people, they generate profits for their backers from the services they provide. DAC services run autonomously in a decentralized network, utilizing block-chain technology to manage their affairs.

Very solid.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 06:26:03 am »
Is this right?

PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 05:07:58 am »
A bit of redundant information in the last paragraph.

CPU-Only was a design goal, but GPU mining is possible now so I wouldn't want to stress that.

Instead I would say "Equal Opportunity Mining", "No Pre-Mine"