Author Topic: Vitalik on Proof of Stake: "How I Learned to Love Weak Subjectivity"  (Read 1934 times)

Offline bytemaster

At the core the article simply says that technology is merely a tool and that true consensus is formed outside the technology based upon social networks. 

Hence what I have been saying about BTS and how it is immune to hostile take overs because consensus will be obvious outside the network.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Needs a tl;dr synopsis.

I was hoping for that as well, and maybe a comment as well.

We got a few here who know how to cut through to the core in plain English. ;)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I have a feeling that people don't like BitShares because they mix up POS with DPOS and don't know that the drawbacks of POS do not hold for DPOS ..

Good to see a healthy discussion over @ethereum

+5% That's exactly it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I have a feeling that people don't like BitShares because they mix up POS with DPOS and don't know that the drawbacks of POS do not hold for DPOS ..

Good to see a healthy discussion over @ethereum

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
"Proof of stake continues to be one of the most controversial discussions in the cryptocurrency space. Although the idea has many undeniable benefits, including efficiency, a larger security margin and future-proof immunity to hardware centralization concerns, proof of stake algorithms tend to be substantially more complex than proof of work-based alternatives, and there is a large amount of skepticism that proof of stake can work at all, particularly with regard to the supposedly fundamental “nothing at stake” problem. As it turns out, however, the problems are solvable, and one can make a rigorous argument that proof of stake, with all its benefits, can be made to be successful – but at a moderate cost. The purpose of this post will be to explain exactly what this cost is, and how its impact can be minimized."

https://blog.ethereum.org/2014/11/25/proof-stake-learned-love-weak-subjectivity/