Author Topic: Helper Delegates  (Read 10245 times)

Offline bytemaster

stan.delegate.xeldal is also live and awaiting your vote. Thanks!

Please publish a version number with your delegate.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

stan.delegate.xeldal is also live and awaiting your vote. Thanks!

Offline Riverhead

bm.payroll.riverhead is live. Sooner he gets in the sooner he gets paid  8) .

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i don't have time to maintain a delegate also (and not the ability of course) and would guess instead of maintain a delegate,
i should focus on design tasks around BitShares ecosytem (Sites, bit* Assets, etc.) Maybe it's possible if i'm approved for a delegate pay...that someone is willing to help me on this also?

Cass definitely deserves a dev delegate. If you agree with BM's announcement, please PM me about the details. :)

Thx for your help! PM
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
i don't have time to maintain a delegate also (and not the ability of course) and would guess instead of maintain a delegate,
i should focus on design tasks around BitShares ecosytem (Sites, bit* Assets, etc.) Maybe it's possible if i'm approved for a delegate pay...that someone is willing to help me on this also?

Cass definitely deserves a dev delegate. If you agree with BM's announcement, please PM me about the details. :)
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
if necessary/desirable, I can provide a backup delegate operator in Thailand, India, and the Dominican Republic.

In the event that I am personally detained by US officials and unable to operate the delegate, a member of my team in these countries can continue with operations.  Assuming that the keys/server access have not been compromised of course, though this could be solved with multisig delegates.

+1  :)

Are multi-sig delegates possible?

Also, there should be a delegate command "resign" which automatically forfeits all votes for that delegate forever.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
if necessary/desirable, I can provide a backup delegate operator in Thailand, India, and the Dominican Republic.

In the event that I am personally detained by US officials and unable to operate the delegate, a member of my team in these countries can continue with operations.  Assuming that the keys/server access have not been compromised of course, though this could be solved with multisig delegates.

+1  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I am certainly willing/capable of providing this service for any one of those listed.

I am however located in the US. (Virginia)

If Stan et al. do not have similar non-US preferences/requirements,  I'd be happy to campaign for such a delegate on their behalf.

I have an established recorded of prompt updates and highly reliable service.  I've met personally with most of the core team, and I have no issue further revealing my identity to necessary parties.

I don't think non-US is a preferences .
It's a mandate .
Because us gov can seize your keys and computers too .

This is the truth. I'm not a big fan of having delegate servers located in China either, when bitCNY starts to get big I don't think there's any chance they won't attempt to harmonize bitshares.

The server location is not a big deal , some Chinese choose oversea VPS ( london,Tokyo) to host a delegate .
What matters more would be if the authority wants to harmonize the human who's running the server.

True it's pretty easy to solve the server risk. A way to reduce human risk might be to have some sort of alert system that allows the holder of a delegate key to remove all its votes or something like that.

Offline bytemaster

Seems we have many volunteers. 

I would like to officially support riverhead for my delegate.
Xeldal you can handle Stan
And one of the helloworld team can support CASS.

I would like to avoid having all of our developers supported by the same individual/team. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:51:11 pm by Xeldal »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I am certainly willing/capable of providing this service for any one of those listed.

If Stan et al. do not have similar non-US preferences/requirements,  I'd be happy to campaign for such a delegate on their behalf.

I have an established recorded of prompt updates and highly reliable service.  I've met personally with most of the core team, and I have no issue further revealing my identity to necessary parties.

It's a mandate .

This is the truth. I'm not a big fan of having delegate servers located in China either, when bitCNY starts to get big I don't think there's any chance they won't attempt to harmonize bitshares.

The server location is not a big deal , some Chinese choose oversea VPS ( london,Tokyo) to host a delegate .
What matters more would be if the authority wants to harmonize the human who's running the server.
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Riverhead

just want to say... i also don't have time to maintain a delegate (and not the ability yet) and would guess instead of maintain a delegate,

I was thinking of creating yet another delegate called projects.riverhead, or just changing backbone.riverhead to be 100%, to fund efforts like marketing, ui/web design, etc.

My thinking is not so much that'd I'd have multiple delegates in the 101 but rather the community would vote for the most needed one at the time. If the network is strong on IT but weak on project funding then projects.riverhead could be voted in and backbone.riverhead voted out.

However, that raises another question: if bm.payroll.riverhead gets voted out what does that mean? Is Dan fired or does he need to have someone else campaign for a payroll delegate?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:40:25 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Rune

• View Profile

It's a mandate .

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

It's a mandate .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.