Author Topic: [MetaExchange] 100% pay-rate delegate election campaign!  (Read 14015 times)

Offline bytemaster

IOU BTC is redeemable for real BTC 1 to 1 with no spread (or a small fee charged by the IO provider).   
BitBTC has a larger spread because of liquidity issues.

IOUBTC vs BitBTC market will help increase BitBTC liquidity and offer similar benefit to relative price feeds but slightly higher trust in the IOU issuer.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

Release 2 is bitcoin IOU gateway functionality, but the trades still have to be done in the local client?

Release 2 is person to person bitcoin / bitasset on/off ramps, so cross chain with metaexchange acting as the escrow agent.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

svk & monsterer...  I hope you two can work together toward a common open source codebase.

It would be very helpful if monsterer could produce an opensource "gateway" node that will do the following:

1) When a BTC transaction is received for X BTC with N confirmations, send X MEBTC to the public key of one of the signers on the transantion.
2) When Y MEBTC is received send Y BTC to the public key of the "from" account in the transaction. 

Provide this as a standalone daemon that talks with bitcoind and bitshares_client.   

Sounds simple enough - but what is MEBTC?

MEBTC is a USER issued Asset by MetaExchange... an IOU asset that you list.  It will greatly help onboard new users.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
svk & monsterer...  I hope you two can work together toward a common open source codebase.

It would be very helpful if monsterer could produce an opensource "gateway" node that will do the following:

1) When a BTC transaction is received for X BTC with N confirmations, send X MEBTC to the public key of one of the signers on the transantion.
2) When Y MEBTC is received send Y BTC to the public key of the "from" account in the transaction. 

Provide this as a standalone daemon that talks with bitcoind and bitshares_client.   

i think he means IOU BTC on the blockchain. but i don't understand the difference to bitBTC

Offline monsterer

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Release 2 is bitcoin IOU gateway functionality, but the trades still have to be done in the local client?

Really looking forward to it either way, will be amazing to get an online wallet. Also I really like the name. I will definitely be voting when I take my BTS out of cold storage (which unfortunately will still take a while).

Edit: That was quick.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:21:47 pm by Rune »

Offline bytemaster

I do think it is critical that you open source your work if it is paid for by the BTS holders.  BTS holders benefit maximally by having all work open sourced and services such as MetaExchange competing based upon reputation and network effect that cannot be copied.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i helped monsterer to fund his delegate and i hope we can get him to be elected.

we have many ideas, but we choose just to present some we could do in a short time. so expect more.

and VOTE  :D

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

Offline monsterer

Hi all,

This is the MetaExchange 100% pay rate delegate voting campaign. Delegate name: dev-metaexchange.monsterer

What is MetaExchange?

MetaExchange is a website designed to lower the barrier to entry of owning and trading Bitshares to zero. It will do this by:

* Providing peer to peer on-ramps for BTS, bitUSD and the other major Bitshares assets.

* Acting as a web-wallet, allowing people to get started with Bitshares, without having to download the client and wait hours for it to sync just to see what all the fuss is about.

* Providing a slick trading interface and market view which will be familiar to forex/bitcoin traders

Who are we?

monsterer:

My name is Paul Firth, I have been a professional c++ software developer for 10 years. On this project, I am partnering with Shentist who is helping me shape the vision for MetaExchange and also providing the funding for my delegate registration.

I also run a blog about software development: http://wildbunny.co.uk/blog and a limited company (Wildbunny) based in the UK.

shentist:

My name is Frank Ahrens, I am in software support. I am happy that Paul and I could find common ground to combine our visions to produce something that we think will help BitShares as a whole greatly. On this project I'm helping with the vision and handling the legal and business side.

What is the planned release schedule?

* Release 1 will be a Bitshares market viewer, allowing users to browse markets and assets in a setting familiar to any trader who might have used a bitcoin exchange

* Release 2 will add the peer-to-peer on-ramp system, which will allow users to post bid/asks for trading BTS and the major Bitshares assets for bitcoin. In this system, MetaExchange will act as a escrow agent to facilitate safe peer to peer exchange of assets for bitcoin.

* Release 3 will be web-wallet and Fiat on-ramps adding to the peer-to-peer exchange, possibly by cooperation with Fidor Bank AG.

Peer-to-peer exchange has a number of great advantages, like providing an easy way for Bitshares users to get large quantities of BTS or assets without directly moving the market. We also won't hold any private keys, because we believe strongly in security of our user's funds.

How far through development are you?

MetaExchange has been in part-time development for a little while now, but it's tough to get enough free time to work on it actively, which is why we're campaigning for a 100% delegate. I estimate that we're about 50% of the way into release 1.

What is the delegate name?

dev-metaexchange.monsterer

In closing, we literally can't do this project without your support. We need your vote! Thank you for your consideration.

Paul aka monster / Frank aka Shentist.

Github repo

https://github.com/wildbunny/metaexchange

P.s. here are some screen-shots of the development build to whet your appetite:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:24:58 pm by monsterer »