Author Topic: Help  (Read 2701 times)

Offline mx1000

• View Profile
You can't "join" a delegate, you just pick which ones you approve or become one yourself.

What do you mean BTC swapping? Like a service that converts BTC to BitBTC and back? Right now your best bet is just a centralized exchange for that.
I got my BTS due to investing with BTC in the count-down.

But now I truly wonder, how can I retrieve LottoShares    Bitshares Vote    BitShares DNS ?
I can't vind them anyware, neither how to aquire them or what they are?

Offline mira

• View Profile
I would love to make a guide myself if I could get a solid little checklist of exactly each step/substep description.  That way I can essentially just google search each step, learn the best practices and then make videos on them.  If you can provide me with said checklist, I think i'll be able to make the videos. 

+5%   great idea for accessible tutorials

Offline fuzzy

@Riverhead,

Is this: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/How-To  really the best practice? 

I have been doing a little bit of reading behind the scenes and it seems like you don't want to do all this stuff from root.  This is just one for-instance...

I would love to make a guide myself if I could get a solid little checklist of exactly each step/substep description.  That way I can essentially just google search each step, learn the best practices and then make videos on them.  If you can provide me with said checklist, I think i'll be able to make the videos. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Delegated proof of stake doesn't try to solve any puzzles like proof of work does. Since each delegate signs one block per round, with 101 blocks a round, there is no work to be done. Just process the transactions and sign the block. There is no race between delegates.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

chryspano

You can't "join" a delegate, you just pick which ones you approve or become one yourself.

What do you mean BTC swapping? Like a service that converts BTC to BitBTC and back? Right now your best bet is just a centralized exchange for that.
Ok thanks, is there any 'tutorial' how to become a delegate ?

And delegate is an CPU/GPU eater or ?

Cpu is used but I don't think its used as intensive as mining.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/How-To

So called account key, is that my private key or my 'receiving' adress ?

It's your receiving address but you should register an account name, it makes life easier

Offline mx1000

• View Profile
So called account key, is that my private key or my 'receiving' adress ?

Offline mx1000

• View Profile

Ok thanks, is there any 'tutorial' how to become a delegate ?

And delegate is an CPU/GPU eater or ?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mx1000

• View Profile
You don't "mine" or "stake", only delegates produce blocks and get paid. Instead you sit back and enjoy the growth of BTS value =P

You can vote for up to 110 distinct delegates at once. You voted correctly.
Ah ok, as far I understood I could 'join' a delegate.

How does BTC swapping occur/works (btsBTC) ?
Or is it, currently, purely fictional ?

And is there an web/json API for BTS(x) adress generating ?

Also the client should get more 'common'ly so more people adopt it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You don't "mine" or "stake", only delegates produce blocks and get paid. Instead you sit back and enjoy the growth of BTS value =P

You can vote for up to 110 distinct delegates at once. You voted correctly.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mx1000

• View Profile
I am a total noob when it comes to BTS.
I have 903K BTS.

How do I mine/stake/revenue ?

I did select 1 delegete (more are in the list but I can't remove them) and then I vote all -> resended all BTS to me with 0.5 Fee and I clicked ok ?

Its really confusing, now I have an IT background but I can't really solve this trick...  :o ?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11663.0