Author Topic: Sparkle Snapshot Date Announcement - December 14th  (Read 16887 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Is allocation fixed? I'm wondering how much is earmarked for testnet miners.

They will get what is mined.  They are helping produce the project and identifying forking issues that bytemaster warned me about. 

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Is allocation fixed? I'm wondering how much is earmarked for testnet miners.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Lets try to get btc38 and bter to honor the sparkle snapshot.

If we do this we will get the chinese support.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
So just to be clear, BTS and PTS will be honored, but not AGS?
EDIT: Nevermind, I guess because AGS is already "snapshotted"
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline joele

• View Profile
Lets make life easy on the exchanges and NOT ask them to honor this snapshot, but DO ask them to list it after we launch.

Exchangers honoring snapshots because they don't want massive BTS withdrawal and it would be easy for them to take the snapshot because they already have built in system for this, and once they honor the snapshot it means automatically the coin will be listed.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I read it as BTS in collateral getting 200% more Sparkles!

zerosum

As you might know I am all for honoring only the BTS and not the bitAssets themselves, so good decision on that part, imho.

Now if you honor 2x collateral you will leave the last 1x collateral not honored (i.e. effectively spreading Sparks amongst all BTS holders or among all genesis holders, depending on how you do it exactly). I do not have strong opinion if this is the best route or not. If you do not intend exactly this you can also honor the full collateral (3x).

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:24:57 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
I will do the snapshot on December 14th, the anniversary of the American Revolution:

The first military encounter of the American Revolution occurred, when on the report of news carried by Paul Revere that the British intended to station a garrison at Portsmouth, New Hampshire; Major John Sullivan led a band of militia to Fort William and Mary, broke into its arsenal, and carried off arms and ammunition, 1774

This applies for BTS and PTS.   I will only use the PTS snapshot *IF* someone from the PTS community can produce it for me by December 16.  I will take the BTS snapshot.  BitAssets will not be honored, shorts will gain 2x and this is intentional because I want to reward those most heavily invested in BTS.

This will be the LAST block produced on December 14th UTC.   I will not ask any exchanges to honor the snapshot and will ask everyone who wants to participate in it to remove it from the exchanges.  In fact I will go so far as to declare that the exchanges OWN the snapshot of funds deposited in them as an incentive for them to list Sparkle and to reward them for supporting the BitShares ecosystem.

Lets make life easy on the exchanges and NOT ask them to honor this snapshot, but DO ask them to list it after we launch.