Author Topic: Sparkle Alpha Test Network Live: Mining to be Honored in Real Network  (Read 28100 times)

Offline robrigo

Tried to compile the latest

Code: [Select]
n file included from /home/delegate/Sparkle/tests/dev_tests.cpp:3:0:
/home/delegate/Sparkle/tests/dev_fixture.hpp: In instantiation of ‘void chain_fixture::produce_block(T) [with T = std::shared_ptr<bts::client::client>]’:
/home/delegate/Sparkle/tests/dev_tests.cpp:55:25:   required from here
/home/delegate/Sparkle/tests/dev_fixture.hpp:231:59: error: ‘struct bts::blockchain::full_block’ has no member named ‘nonce’
       while( b.difficulty() < SPK_MIN_DIFFICULTY ) b.nonce++;
                                                           ^
make[2]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/dev_tests.dir/dev_tests.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/dev_tests.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I am starting a new test network with a new mining algorithm based on ECC signature. 

Your wallet must be unlocked to mine with the private key.  This is designed to maximize decentralization and eliminate mining pools.

All blocks from the prior chain will be honored as well as the new chain.

Difficulty adjusts every 20 blocks and is rate limited to +/- 2%

Excellent.  Will it still be at https://github.com/sparkle5/Sparkle?

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
I am starting a new test network with a new mining algorithm based on ECC signature. 

Your wallet must be unlocked to mine with the private key.  This is designed to maximize decentralization and eliminate mining pools.

All blocks from the prior chain will be honored as well as the new chain.

Difficulty adjusts every 20 blocks and is rate limited to +/- 2% 

Offline bytemaster

The dampen difficult adjustment hack is probably not what you want to solve the difficult problem. (commit 7c649ebdbaf6fa378a9c25023d531986e1745484 @ github)

There is a reason bitcoin adjusts after a number of blocks, the time between two single blocks is not a very reliable indicator of network strength.

There should be one block every minute and hours went by again without one. Right now, the network will never compensate for that. There could always be an unlucky sequence of two blocks being very close after each other (just some miliseconds) and difficulty would shoot to the moon. Damping it 10x is still a very naive way of solving this improbable but very much possible outcome and eventually the blockchain will still get stuck like it has now.

Do it as bitcoin does it, adjust after a number of blocks. Have some kind of moving average over the last n blocks, as all alt-coins do it that adjust every block. Don't just base the difficulty equation on the difference of two single blocks alone, that is just asking for trouble.

The code doesn't adjust after 2 blocks, it uses the average of the last 1000 blocks.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline turtletastic2

• View Profile
The dampen difficult adjustment hack is probably not what you want to solve the difficult problem. (commit 7c649ebdbaf6fa378a9c25023d531986e1745484 @ github)

There is a reason bitcoin adjusts after a number of blocks, the time between two single blocks is not a very reliable indicator of network strength.

There should be one block every minute and hours went by again without one. Right now, the network will never compensate for that. There could always be an unlucky sequence of two blocks being very close after each other (just some miliseconds) and difficulty would shoot to the moon. Damping it 10x is still a very naive way of solving this improbable but very much possible outcome and eventually the blockchain will still get stuck like it has now.

Do it as bitcoin does it, adjust after a number of blocks. Have some kind of moving average over the last n blocks, as all alt-coins do it that adjust every block. Don't just base the difficulty equation on the difference of two single blocks alone, that is just asking for trouble.

Offline minerswing

• View Profile
please can you provide windows binaries, though?
+5%

Offline monsterer

Looking forward to being able to try this out myself once the difficulty bug is fixed - please can you provide windows binaries, though?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
is this correct?

"blockchain_head_block_num": 6277,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "24 hours old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-11-30T18:35:45",

I think so.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

iHashFury

is this correct?

"blockchain_head_block_num": 6277,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "24 hours old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-11-30T18:35:45",

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Hello

My mining account is empty?  My bad used vote_all with my stash. Hopefully the next block will sort it out.

Has the test net stopped or is it slow blocks?

I'm still mining, and I think more people are, but the difficulty is so high right now that even if a block will be found it'll still be a long time until we find another.

iHashFury

Hello

My mining account is empty?  My bad used vote_all with my stash. Hopefully the next block will sort it out.

Has the test net stopped or is it slow blocks?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:52:26 am by iHashFury »

Offline minerswing

• View Profile
Hello

No windows binary available ?

any news ?

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Haven't you considered SHA2 merged mine? That may thrive adoption a little, without Proof of Wasting.

Is there not any pool yet? Hehe.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline joele

• View Profile
How many connections are needed for mining? I got 11 to 12 connection. But seems nothing happen. I probably miss something.
Difficulty is too high now, the last block was 7 hours ago.

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
How many connections are needed for mining? I got 11 to 12 connection. But seems nothing happen. I probably miss something.
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net