Author Topic: Marketing Help - How Should we get the Word Out?  (Read 4628 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think there should be some windows binaries available, when I saw only source code available I closed my explorer and never looked back
also since https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874406.msg9687816#msg9687816

chryspano

I think there should be some windows binaries available, when I saw only source code available I closed my explorer and never looked back

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It is clear that the announcements on this forum and bitcointalk have not informed many people.   What is the best way to bootstrap awareness of Sparkle?
Going public with your id (which you might not want) and promoting it with your person: youtube video, coindesk article, let's talk bitcoin.

Why? Because people associate ideas with people and trust people and not concepts (not all but most people do).

Plus: Being controversial. Proof of work rules and BitShares ideas rock. So this will be the future of banking... Vision...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:05:09 pm by delulo »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I hope this succeeds, Sparkle, but I think you've hit upon the major problem. The BitShares community is solidly a Proof of Stake crowd.

Methodx is promoting BitShares. Why would he spend his time on Sparkle?

Because I can convince him to airdrop on BTS, otherwise he won't have my support. ;)

He's already agree to airdrop on BTS, PTS, and AGS

Sounds reasonable. We all benefit if either succeeds. But as Donky said, I'm loyal primarily to BTS.

Offline onceuponatime

I hope this succeeds, Sparkle, but I think you've hit upon the major problem. The BitShares community is solidly a Proof of Stake crowd.

Because I can convince him to airdrop on BTS, otherwise he won't have my support. ;)

He's already agree to airdrop on BTS, PTS, and AGS

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

If he wants to be a crypto marketing firm he's going to need more than one client. Granted having both BTS and Sparkle may be a conflict of interest.

Methodx is loyal, man. He'll keep his eyes on the prize. That delegate of his will be earning plenty once this market cap increases a bit. The only reason to promote Sparkle is if someone sees this as a legitimate on-ramp to BitShares.

Offline Riverhead

If he wants to be a crypto marketing firm he's going to need more than one client. Granted having both BTS and Sparkle may be a conflict of interest.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
The era that miners go for every new coins without thinking has past. New coin needs to be proved better than the existing coin first.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline onceuponatime

It is clear that the announcements on this forum and bitcointalk have not informed many people.   What is the best way to bootstrap awareness of Sparkle?

How are you measuring "awareness"?

Do you really mean "awareness", or are you looking for some specific action?
If so, what is that action?

The answer to that question would help inform an answer to your question.

Well I would think there would be more miners on the test net considering the blocks will be honored.   I would expect more people to be asking questions.   So how do you get the word out about the Dec 14th snapshot and the "start of mining" for the live network?

OK, good, by "awareness" you seem to mean "the hashpower being thrown at Sparkles".

Here's a question.

To mine Sparkles, would I have to switch my miners over from mining PTS? And if so, will this make the PTS blockchain, which you are sharedropping to, even slower than it is now?

Perhaps it would.

I am not a technically proficient person, so I can't even switch over without getting help from one of my techie friends. I have been mining PTS for the last while more or less as a public service.

However, it is my experience from watching the cryptocurrency  world closely for the last few years, that most miners are motivated by personal financial gain rather than any philosophical bent (I am speaking of the majority here). They will therefore switch over to mining Sparkle if and when they think that it is profitable for them to do so.

Since Sparkles have no value on any exchange yet, the only way I can think of to get miners to rally to your cause is to make it financially worth their while (and I am talking short term here). Perhaps you could offer an incentive in bitUSD on this forum or in BTC on bitsharestalk.org for every block found on Sparkle?

That would perhaps get former miners in the Bitshares ecosystem to fire up their miners again, and perhaps get miners in the POW world to switch to mining Sparkle (ie. for financial gain).

Just a thought.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile

Well I would think there would be more miners on the test net considering the blocks will be honored.   I would expect more people to be asking questions.   So how do you get the word out about the Dec 14th snapshot and the "start of mining" for the live network?

OK, good, by "awareness" you seem to mean "the hashpower being thrown at Sparkles".

Here's a question.

To mine Sparkles, would I have to switch my miners over from mining PTS? And if so, will this make the PTS blockchain, which you are sharedropping to, even slower than it is now?

Perhaps it would.   

Offline onceuponatime

Here's a question.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:30:57 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline sparkles

• View Profile