Author Topic: Reddit activity... please help  (Read 2332 times)

julian1

Be careful with overtly calling for thread upvotes, since it's against reddit's terms of service. I've witnessed accounts getting banned for this, even where the origin is a site other than reddit.

See here,

http://www.reddit.com/wiki/faq#wiki_what_constitutes_vote_cheating_and_vote_manipulation.3F

Don't ask other users to vote on certain posts, either on reddit itself or anywhere else (through Twitter, Facebook, IM programs, IRC, etc.)

It's a fine line, drawing attention to interesting posts is fine, calling for upvotes isn't.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Hey gangsters,

So I have a bunch of videos coming out in the next 3 weeks. I have shown them to the marketing team only and all agree they are sweet.

So why am I telling you this?

The videos will work if they get views. They will get views if the videos are voted to the top of /r/bitcoin.

Last time you voted a video of mine to reddit front page we got that bump in signups on Sept 18.
Check it out
http://screencast.com/t/CXk5njatNf0

We will get a much better bump this time around though.

In order for your votes to count you have to have good reddit "karma".  So what I am asking is for you to interact with reddit this week. Vote on stuff. Comment on stuff.  This will give you reddit karma.  Then when I release the vids you can vote them up should you think they are worthy and your votes will count.

Thanks for your help in advance.

don't expect something like sep. 18. on this day 1000 ob btc38 subaccounts were created.
Ah was that why... Look at me thinking it was all my vids... egg on my face.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Hey gangsters,

So I have a bunch of videos coming out in the next 3 weeks. I have shown them to the marketing team only and all agree they are sweet.

The videos will work if they get views. They will get views if the videos are voted to the top of /r/bitcoin.

Last time you voted a video of mine to reddit front page we got that bump in signups on Sept 18.
Check it out

In order for your votes to count you have to have good reddit "karma".  So what I am asking is for you to interact with reddit this week. Vote on stuff. Comment on stuff.  This will give you reddit karma.  Then when I release the vids you can vote them up should you think they are worthy and your votes will count.

don't expect something like sep. 18. on this day 1000 ob btc38 subaccounts were created.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Cool.

Do we still have the initial hurdle of needing to post here to set-up/signup a new account?

faucet.bitshares.org   =)

What is the faucet supposed to do.  On chrome and Firefox, it just loads a blank page for me.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Ready for this, can't wait to see the videos

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I will vote, but I'm not a power user. Let us know when you post it. :)
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline yellowecho

Cool.

Do we still have the initial hurdle of needing to post here to set-up/signup a new account?

+5% Great

+5 fantastic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Cool.

+5% Great

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Cool.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Cool.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Reddit's ranking algo weights votes logarithmically, which means the first 10 votes matter much more than subsequent votes.

Whenever you make a reddit post, you should immediately post in the reddit upvote thread and into the BTS skype groups.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Hey gangsters,

Check it out