Author Topic: First ecommerce bitshares cart plugin dev cycle complete  (Read 52711 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
prestashop plugin done

You're on a rampage, tearing through these shopping cart integrations!

Let's vote dev.sidhujag back into the top 101! Currently at 108.

Been working long and hard, but all of the early hard work and refactoring paying off now.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline robrigo

prestashop plugin done

You're on a rampage, tearing through these shopping cart integrations!

Let's vote dev.sidhujag back into the top 101! Currently at 108.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline Thom

We know about vagrant, our resident expert (nathan) prefers docker

Thx toast. I checked it out (http://www.scriptrock.com/articles/docker-vs-vagrant), and docker is interesting if you only need linux.

I prefer linux, but for writing this book I'm using the windoze Dragon Naturally Speaking. I have been using windows 7 as my default OS for months now, and virtualBox to run linux under vagrant. The system has plenty of disk and 8GB or RAM and "dual" boots several linux distros. For me & my needs vagrant is currently a better fit.

I learned about the linux lightweight VM architecture from JoeyD a month or so ago, didn't know linux had a native VM capability until then. I see now it has some limitations, but also accels at the VE approach to visualization. Pretty dang kewl.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We know about vagrant, our resident expert (nathan) prefers docker
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Thom

Have you guys ever heard of Vagrant? It's a portable environment for virt. machines. I just discovered it, and it's perfect as a development environment.

It is a framework for using VirtualBox, Parallels, HyperV, VMware etc in a way that is portable and very fast to setup and share a complete dev environment. There are many different flavors of pre-built VMs you cand download and get going right away.

I use this one for Joomla! https://github.com/joomlatools/joomla-vagrant The one thing I never tried before was setting up a headless VM, which requires far less memory, so even a 4GB machine is pretty snappy. I don't know how well it will work for a Windows dev box, since I don't think it's possible to run one headless, but conceptually it would work and you could connect using RDP. Just don't know how much RAM saving you could have or how you could have a rich GUI through RDP without all the overhead. On Linux upi don't have to include X Windows.

As I said I never looked into headless VMs before, so it may actually be quite doable even with a Windoze box.

I've been out of the hard core dev scene so long now, but I sure hope the I3 devs know about Vagrant or something like it, b/c it truly is the best way to get a fully functional baseline / standardized dev environment up & running.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

What dev environment are you using?  I used phpstorm+xdebug but my free month ran out.  I think for $100 it is worth it though.  I used to try and get by without an IDE/debugger (mainly debugger) but I was just killing productivity.
Lol deving in visual studio as a text editor haha i usually readthe code 5 times before deploying.

I have ampps running as the server it installs all the carts easily..

I dev in c# js and c++ mostly in my dayjob I have msdn pro subscription so no access to php paid frameworks but if im a delegate and im doing php work maybe i can buy that one if you say its good

I have no strong opinion.  They're all things that plug into xdebug.  Eclipse will do it but you have to deal with intermediate plugins so I didn't bother.  It has been a pain setting it up with firewalls since the debug stream opens from the web-server.  I don't know about frameworks.. I just wanted a nice IDE where I can fix things save/run/compile/debug on a remote web-server.  Using sshfs to mount the web-server's files remotely worked fairly well along with those browser plugins that let you toggle xdebug on/off.  I end up doing a lot of php development so I think I'll just go spend the $100 for phpstorm.  It'd catch errors before executing etc, those little things could make it pay off quickly.

Oh ya I agree it would cut the time down to half probably.. If i have to do another php project Ill look into phpstorm thanks!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

What dev environment are you using?  I used phpstorm+xdebug but my free month ran out.  I think for $100 it is worth it though.  I used to try and get by without an IDE/debugger (mainly debugger) but I was just killing productivity.
Lol deving in visual studio as a text editor haha i usually readthe code 5 times before deploying.

I dev in c# js and c++ mostly in my dayjob I have msdn pro subscription so no access to php paid frameworks but if im a delegate and im doing php work maybe i can buy that one if you say its good

I have no strong opinion.  They're all things that plug into xdebug.  Eclipse will do it but you have to deal with intermediate plugins so I didn't bother.  It has been a pain setting it up with firewalls since the debug stream opens from the web-server.  I don't know about frameworks.. I just wanted a nice IDE where I can fix things save/run/compile/debug on a remote web-server.  Using sshfs to mount the web-server's files remotely worked fairly well along with those browser plugins that let you toggle xdebug on/off.  I end up doing a lot of php development so I think I'll just go spend the $100 for phpstorm.  It'd catch errors before executing etc, those little things could make it pay off quickly.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Nice work dude.  Keep at it.  Seriously good job.
thanks did alot of refactoring on the fly so its easier to make more plugins and anyone else to make one for their own api too...

How close are you to completing this cart plugin project? (as explained to a non-tech person).

Perhaps it is time to update your delegate proposal thread to make sure you are voted in by the time your contract work is done.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12027.15
Barring any scope creep 2 to 3 weeks.  Will update after I finish as i  constantly shutting my client down as i test id rather set it up and let it run after i test

How much ram is generally required? I have a vps with 512mb ram is it ok? If so ill set it up on there
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:02:57 pm by jsidhu »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:40:57 pm by jsidhu »

Offline onceuponatime

thanks did alot of refactoring on the fly so its easier to make more plugins and anyone else to make one for their own api too...

How close are you to completing this cart plugin project? (as explained to a non-tech person).

Perhaps it is time to update your delegate proposal thread to make sure you are voted in by the time your contract work is done.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12027.15

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile