Author Topic: Why is BTS suddenly shooting up?  (Read 8059 times)

Tuck Fheman

It went up because supposedly 2 banks started using the protocol, those were the rumors.

Its market cap went up a lot when they increased the supply, yes, but the price has also tripled recently (and then gone back down a bit). 
To claim that it has not gone up in price would be very wrong.

For the record, I never made any claims. I don't follow Ripple. I was aware of the increase in supply and a recent article elsewhere provided the image I used. I was not aware of a recent pump & dump (because I don't follow Ripple) and just assumed OP was referring to the price increase from the time of the supply increase. I was wrong.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

It went up because supposedly 2 banks started using the protocol, those were the rumors.

Its market cap went up a lot when they increased the supply, yes, but the price has also tripled recently (and then gone back down a bit). 
To claim that it has not gone up in price would be very wrong.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Probably due to the incoming BTS Play snapshot. And because we are hitting the bottom also.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Tuck Fheman

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Ripple went up 300% for no reason .....

If you know technically analysis bitshares has made a 40% fibonacci retracement.  These developments need to be solidified into hard gains right now its "positive news" but if you go to bitsharesblocks charts page only 10 to 30 new accounts a day we need at least 300 a day at this stage for momentum to develop.

The rumor in China is "Japan go bankrupt , JPY is worthless , Japanese buy ripple like crazy".
LOL .....  What whale says when they want to pump ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

If you know technically analysis bitshares has made a 40% fibonacci retracement.  These developments need to be solidified into hard gains right now its "positive news" but if you go to bitsharesblocks charts page only 10 to 30 new accounts a day we need at least 300 a day at this stage for momentum to develop.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Is it a good idea to sell now at 5100 and wait for lower prices to buy back in at? Is it too late at this point?

Do you know that my break even of investment in BTS is @40 mil market cap and I was following since November last year? I am pretty sure that few people may have a break even at $15-$20mil market cap or lower but these are very few people with amazing trading skills..

Current market cap was the market cap of BTS 1 year ago. Do you realise how many things have changed since then? BTS should have a market cap of more than $200 mil already  and with current developments should be $400 mil by H1 2015

Having said all that nothing tells me that BTS could not go to market cap $20 mil or lower but my honest predictions is 90% vs. 10% for $100 mil vs $20 mil market cap. So I am really surprised how people can be selling at these levels with big probabilities to lose all the upside.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Is it a good idea to sell now at 5100 and wait for lower prices to buy back in at? Is it too late at this point?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I know..that is why it is gambling since you never know when a whale will pump

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
That's why I don't understand why we are not shooting up +300% already with the PLAY allocation in 8 days, sparkles snapshot in 14 days and all the other good stuff in coming up shortly...I thought that normal normal forex trading has no fundamentals anymore but crypto trading is like gambling all the time at this early stage since few whales can move any market however they want for no reason whatsoever...

Therefore PLAY will be huge!! Additional gambling to already gambling... :)

It's easy to pump low volume coins ... it's hard to pump big  volume coins ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
That's why I don't understand why we are not shooting up +300% already with the PLAY allocation in 8 days, sparkles snapshot in 14 days and all the other good stuff in coming up shortly...I thought that normal normal forex trading has no fundamentals anymore but crypto trading is like gambling all the time at this early stage since few whales can move any market however they want for no reason whatsoever...

Therefore PLAY will be huge!! Additional gambling to already gambling... :)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline Overthetop

Just one wave of speculation.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
We went down a bit down to 5300. I actually just got some free BTS from selling and buying lower ;) I think I may wait this out and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:40:15 am by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Let us be honest: Everybody is waiting for the right moment to beyond go all in.

They'll be Coming (Here) From Beyond when BTS heats up!