Author Topic: Generate minimal BTS binaries for each purpose  (Read 2132 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
[Current Situation] current bitshares_client is a single all-in-one binary, which contains all features and each of them occupies resuources no matter you need them or not. For example, when running bitshares_client as a delegate on a VPS, I only need it to produce blocks, so other functions are just un-necessary but they still consume resources like zombi processes. Another very important example is that, when I am building a online store accepting crypto curencies, all I need is a bitshares_client with only wallet functions just like bitcoind. Once again, other features are unnecessary and become burden to VPS. On my VPS, running bitcoind only requires ~150mb ram, while bitshars_client occupies ~1gb ram (so I need to use more expensive VPS if I insist to use BTS).

[Proposal] Just like most open source projects, which can turn off features like "./configure --market=disable", we need to be able to do the same thing and generate minimal bitshares_client that just fit specific usages.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:30:35 pm by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.