Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 52994 times)

Offline Riverhead

Thank you matt608 for all your hard work. Your enthusiasm and drive has been inspiring.

+5%

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Thank you matt608 for all your hard work. Your enthusiasm and drive has been inspiring.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline matt608

• View Profile
My 3 month plan has come to and end and I've decided to hand over my delegate position to the local Argentina marketing team giving Fran2k direct control of the delegate.  Jumping in to a delegate position myself living the UK to ensure marketing in Argentina was funded was always a short-term solution.  Fran2k has has always taken the initiative with BitShares promotions and is well connected and capable of building a BitShares community in Buenos Aires.  He has organised many of the meetups and given talks about BitShares at them and will provide a delegate plan shortly.

My own contributions to other BitShares marketing projects remain but I'll  be less involved for the time being.  I called a halt to the animated explainer video production of BitAssets due to it emerging to me that BitAssets may not be the feature that most urgently needs explaining, but rather the UIA features coming very soon could be more important and bring in much more income to the DAC through UIA registration fees.  In which case paying for a BitAsset explainer video would be the wrong move, even if 6 months ago it would have been worth it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce I no longer have a marketing position with BitShares.  A local team in Bueonos Aires has been established consisting of Fran2k, Matias (elmato), Pablo, Ariel Aguilar, Maria Palma (video staff), Nahuel (miner and sysadmin partner), Mike and Eti Marcus (dev, designer).   There are plans for them to launch their own delegate as a replacement within 3 months, but for now will use mine.  This transition should increase efficiency as now that a trusted local team has been formed I can step aside and they can chose how to market BitShares locally themselves.  My real achievement was simply securing funding for marketing in the region.

This month there was no expenditure besides paying myself back the registration fee.  The rest has been saved up and will be passed on to Fran2k along with the previous months savings.  Standby for the local team's plan - to be posted shortly.

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Here is the video done by Joaquin from elbitcoin.org!

The costs (around 500USD) were funded 50/50 by @matt608 and @elmato delegates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBMl9Hx8YY

More to come!
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Month 2 Update:
I posted some rolling updates as they came in this month.  These are the already announced updates originally posted on the previous pages of this thread:
 - Video from the 2nd meetup event in January:  BTC 2.0: Bitshares & Sidechains - Buenos Aires Meetup (2015-01-22)
- February meetup where 65 $1 bitUSD paper wallets given to different people at the event.  These are the event details and photos from the event.
- Got us a link from natural news and BeforeItsNews (article written in Janurary, but published in February).

Other achievements:
-  My main contribution this month is this animated explainer video script.  This is version 2 after a making edits based on feedback from my first draft.  I'm working on a third and hopefully final version now based on feedback.
 - Worked with rgcrypto + fran2k to have Spanish BitShares101 funnel set up.  It's now ready and viewable here
 - Started this thread about minebitshares at hashtalk.
 - Sponsored this small twitter marketing campaign by favdesu.
- General BitShares presence on article comments, bitcointalk, reddit and attendance of hangouts and providing opinions on various matters.
- I set up this reddit ad.  I spent $75 and recieved 63 clicks attaining a CPC of $1.19.  Despite getting a reasonable cost per click there was not a single sale of the book!   Due to this being a flop I will pay half the cost myself from my 200 BitUSD take home pay (deducting $37.5).

March Plan in brief:
- Continue funding for paper wallet giveaways at events (essential).
- Advertise events to make them larger - radio ads campaign for Buenos Aires being developed.
- Finish animated explainer video script.
- Use any 'spare' funds for bitshares101 funnel promotion on facebook.
- Be open to other opportunities.
- Pay myself back the delegate registration fee.

View the expenses spreadsheet.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:50:08 pm by matt608 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
people not afraid of using python may give this script a try:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/blob/master/Transactions/sharedrop.py
It's a rough python script that constructs withdraw/deposit transactions and signs them (offline if you want) and sends them to the bts_client ..

the example above will take (as inputs) .1 BTS and 5 USD from two different balance ids and send 1 USD each to new addresses ..
I will write a howto/readme tomorrow to give you hints about how to use this .. maybe make it even easier to use by interconnecting it more with the client ..
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/tree/master/papersharedrop

Now have a working script that does the following:

1) you define the balance_ids to withdraw USD from (and another balance id for the BTS tx fee)
2) the python script connects to the client and finds the amount of USD you want to distribute via sharedropping
3) .. extracts the private keys for the owner of the balances (USD and BTS)
4) generates random private keys to sharedrop apon
5) constructs a single transaction to fund the paper wallets (haven't tested the max. size of the transaction yet)
6) stores a backup of the keys in a wallet.csv file
7) construcsts a png with QR codes for every single key ..
8) it is functional but requires plenty of things for the setup ..

I will work more on this .. especially work on a README and installation procedure ..
If you tell me your feature requests, maybe I can add them too ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
people not afraid of using python may give this script a try:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/blob/master/Transactions/sharedrop.py
It's a rough python script that constructs withdraw/deposit transactions and signs them (offline if you want) and sends them to the bts_client ..

the example above will take (as inputs) .1 BTS and 5 USD from two different balance ids and send 1 USD each to new addresses ..
I will write a howto/readme tomorrow to give you hints about how to use this .. maybe make it even easier to use by interconnecting it more with the client ..

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
That looks fantastic! We will try to replicate your efforts in Greece and Italy.

+5%
I would like to use this too for handing out on the street.

I want that cass do a final design, because this ones were made by him in a hurry and then I will do a pull request in the xeroc repo.

Also we should agree on a text for the backwards instructions. Now there is only info to import using elmato's mobile wallet. We need to add at least the link to the new web page, in which case we will use one able to track visits. Work on the paper wallets will be on the xeroc's original thread.[1]

[1] https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1330
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

38PTSWarrior

+5%
I would like to use this too for handing out on the street.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█