Author Topic: argentina-marketing.matt608 is now live! Please VOTE for this vital project!  (Read 52290 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Quick question from the Chinese community :

How will a UK guy who is only 25 years old get on-ramp done in Argentina ?

Wouldn't it be far-fetched as a 25 year old Chinese guy claiming he want to get on-ramp done in Africa ?

Great question.  I wont directly, but I will work to make it so that using Bitshares/bitUSD an attractive proposition for exchanges there. 

The marketing of the bitUSD portal will be marketing for whichever exchanges add bitUSD or BTS.  This provides a big incentive.  The bitUSD portal will direct users on to the exchange to buy bitUSD once they have downloaded a wallet from the portal.  There will be a link from the bitUSD portal to exchanges that trade bitUSD.  Therefore promotion of the portal is promotion of the exchange. 

Without my creation of the portal and marketing it, this incentive will not exist.  I can even offer to mention exchanges in the articles getting them direct coverage.  I will be drumming up demand to use exchanges which have bitUSD purchasable on them.

Doing all this, including getting bitusd.com.ar set up be a great portal will stimulate cryptocurrency use in the region and give local exchanes an organic reason to add bitUSD.

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions, I am happy to answer.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Quick question from the Chinese community :

How will a UK guy who is only 25 years old get on-ramp done in Argentina ?

Wouldn't it be far-fetched as a 25 year old Chinese guy claiming he want to get on-ramp done in Africa ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
This is a 3 month plan, after that I will propose a new plan.

Class: Marketing delegate
Pay rate:  100%
Delegate name:  argentina-marketing.matt608

Plan in Brief:

-   50% of funds allocated to marketing in Argentina - Spanish language marketing campaign.
-   50% flexible to be used as needed for various marketing initiatives (may also going to Argentina for bitUSD drops)
-   200bitUSD a month personal take home pay (tiny tip for myself to help moral)

What have I done so far?

- I wrote this, (edited by MeTHoDx), which appears to have contributed to a BTS rally and has already resulted in developer interest.
 - I wrote this article (draft material)
 - I wrote these lyrics (may not get used)
 - Created an Audio Ad for my delegate campaign which will air on the popular Beyond Bitcoin podcast this Wednesday.  I will create regular audio ads!
 - I have registered http://bitusd.com.ar/ and am in the process of setting up a bitUSD portal custom made for the Argentine market.  Cass has agreed to work (paid) on this once he’s available. 

The Operation Argentina budget will be spent on the following:

-   Professional bitUSD video custom made for the Argentine market, pitched primarily as a savings account and with voicing in Spanish.
-   Developing an amazing design for bitusd.com.ar
-   Advertising campaign (banners, possibly adsense + more)
-   bitUSD airdrop onto bitcoin users via local exchanges and onto reddit.com/r/argentina
-   Small amount for community tips to helpers/consults.

Targets for 3 months time:

-   Have amazing bitUSD portal on bitusd.com.ar complete with video.
-   Have at least 10 articles written and published somewhere of value in English.  Translated into Spanish ready for use.
-   Establish exchange partnership in Argentina + airdrop bitUSD to it's bitcoin users.
-   Produce regular audio ads for Bitshares and have them aired in cryptocurrency podcasts and on relevant radio stations. 
-   Stimulate merchant adoption

Audio ads
Besides from Bitshares, making music is what I love doing.  I play the guitar + piano and bass and have production skills with mics at the ready.  I have a library of home-made backing tracks to use in audio ads, with just a couple of guitars or a guitar and drums and bass, plus the backing tracks can be re-used and just the talk over the top changed.

I have produced 1 ad already and it will air on Wednesday on the popular Beyond bitcoin podcast: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/category/beyond-bitcoin

I can keep doing this and sponsor every show (they are every 1-2 weeks) and are very popular.  I can make them for other radio stations too, customised for each audience. This will be part of my regular contribution to Bitshares! 

Writing
Writing is my (other) main strength and I will play to it.  Matador123 is a Spanish speaker and lived in Argentina for 7 months and will be translating my articles into Spanish and helping organize campaigns to get them published on Argentinian news outlets and will help with general Spanish speaking community building. 

I will help organize campaigns and contribute ideas and time to any marketing initiatives where I can be of use. 

I will consult with MeTHoDx about placing ads in the Argentine market.

The community will be heavily consulted and I will work closely with community propose initiatives.

About me:

Relevant work history:
 - Age 18 founded limited company GetPlugD aiming to connect advertiers and bloggers, programmer got ill and project fell though before launch.
 - Between ages 18-20 created, marketed and sold blogs with no budget using SEO + free marketing techniques.  Earned over $20k+ from blog sales, ads and freelance writing.
- Age 20-21 was employed full time by a visa company in London to do SEO for them involving writing and link building.

Recent history:
Studied Philosophy at the University of Bristol, but had to drop out half way through due to becoming ill with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome).  I still have this and it causes exhaustion but I can get the job done and bring lots of value to Bitshares.

As stated this is a 3 month plan starting from the date I am elected.  Once the 3 months is over I will present a new plan.

Pledges:
-   I pledge to pay myself not a penny more than 200bitUSD per month for 3 months.
-   I pledge complete transparency with my budget.  Anyone in the community who I pay for their help will have to accept the amount will be public knowledge.
-   All other funds will be spent carefully with the goal of increasing value of BTS without breaking any personal moral tenants, such as ‘the golden rule’.

I am really excited about this and can't wait to get started! (literally, I couldn't wait).
:)

My Delegate is now LIVE!  If you support my campaign and want me to keep working, vote for me:  argentina-marketing.matt608

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:06:51 pm by matt608 »