Author Topic: We need set some constraint conditions to 100% pay rate delegates candidates  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Overthetop

Maximising the positive perception of dilution and minimising the negative at first, is the way to a big valuation imo.

That is it!

:)
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
it would be great that we have the option integrated in the wallet to vote independently for the pay rate for elected delegates...  imagine when you vote for a  delegate to have a second field  where you can enter your preferred pay rate... The actual payrate could be the average or median payrate from all voters... In that way the delegates don't need to campaign for new delegates with different names every now and then (it will be confusing)... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

+5% That's an interesting idea.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Also a low payrate for development delegates is counter productive... How do you expect them to generate ROI if you hamstring their start up funds?  Currently it takes a 100% delagate at least a month to earn enough BTS to do something productive.

If you are Bytemaster or Cass , I don't think 20% is for them , because they've already proven themselves with verifiable work product  .

I think what he talked about the 20% is for those "we're not sure yet" kind of situation .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
it would be great that we have the option integrated in the wallet to vote independently for the pay rate for elected delegates...  imagine when you vote for a  delegate to have a second field  where you can enter your preferred pay rate... The actual payrate could be the average or median payrate from all voters... In that way the delegates don't need to campaign for new delegates with different names every now and then (it will be confusing)... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Also a low payrate for development delegates is counter productive... How do you expect them to generate ROI if you hamstring their start up funds?  Currently it takes a 100% delagate at least a month to earn enough BTS to do something productive.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Each stakeholder is different...

Personally I think for the share price to go up we need attract new talent who work on specific & measurable projects. I think things like this is exactly what the market wants to see... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11799.0
5-20 paid delegates who weren't already part of BitShares adding specific value will really sell BitShares. A very positive psychological effect. Expect the share price to move up with more of that. 

Each crypto has a stable of valuable talent, community members & projects that the market has already valued. What BitShares can do, that they can't, and should be seen to be doing, is attracting a lot more new talent in a wide range of development and marketing activities vs. using dilution too much at first to maintain its existing stable of talent.

A lot of the responses on reddit were about exactly this kind of concern. 'Won't it be large stake-holders, insiders and early adopters diluting BitShares to pay themselves?'

So lets show the market that's not the case at all. Personally I'd like to see all our existing MVP's, specifically developers as delegates, so we can advertise an amazing stable of talent.  However I'd like us to be conservative & prudent with their payrates at first, for the first few months, or until we're above LiteCoin at least.

Maximising the positive perception of dilution and minimising the negative at first, is the way to a big valuation imo.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:33:39 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
all of healthy markets are the ones which have principles .

without suitable principles , 101 full paid seats could be taken quickly ,and that situation makes no sense for BTS.

The only principle that governs market choices is profitability. If 101 fully paid delegates are more profitable, then that's what will end up happening.
I think we are talking about different directions.

My proposal is about the constraint conditions to the new ones to debate for a full paid delegate whose skills and talents have not be aproved before.

Why could not the candidates  start from a lower pay rate before they show their outputs?

It is likely the market will eventually vote that way, but it's impossible to impose rules that enforces it.

Offline Overthetop

without suitable principles , 101 full paid seats could be taken quickly ,and that situation makes no sense for BTS.

The only principle that governs market choices is profitability. If 101 fully paid delegates are more profitable, then that's what will end up happening.
I think we are talking about different directions.

My proposal is about the constraint conditions to the new ones to debate for a full paid delegate whose skills and talents have not been approved before.

Why could not the candidates  start from a lower pay rate before they show their outputs?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:41:33 pm by Overthetop »

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline Overthetop

Principles are certainly important.  Every stake holder has different principles.

BTS stake holders will not vote for situations that make no sense for BTS.

I don't see 101 delegate seats filling up anytime soon.  I certainly will not be voting for that anyway and I would guess I'm not alone.

Large stake holders have the most to lose by recklessly voting for waste.  I don't see it happening.

千里之堤毁于蚁穴

A small leak will sink a great ship

Xeldal

Principles are certainly important.  Every stake holder has different principles.

BTS stake holders will not vote for situations that make no sense for BTS.

I don't see 101 delegate seats filling up anytime soon.  I certainly will not be voting for that anyway and I would guess I'm not alone.

Large stake holders have the most to lose by recklessly voting for waste.  I don't see it happening.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
If you don't like their payrate then don't vote for them... If enough people agree with you then they will be voted out and have to change their payrate or business plan. Let the open market work

there still the matter of AGS fund .... at this low voting rate , AGS fund is a nail .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Overthetop

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
If you don't like their payrate then don't vote for them... If enough people agree with you then they will be voted out and have to change their payrate or business plan. Let the open market work

Offline Overthetop

The seats of 100% pay rate delegates are the treasures of BTS to attract excellent individuals to work for BTS ecosystem.

So, to make the best use of these full paid seats, I think we need set some constraint conditions to the new candidates whose outputs have not been approved yet.

How about start from 20% pay rate and review by seasons?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:42:52 pm by Overthetop »