Author Topic: Hard Questions for Bytemaster  (Read 32636 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I am willing to trust Bytemaster with regards to the 'official' marketing for now, but that wont stop me from doing it myself too.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Courage is only needed to be controversial within the own peer pressure group. I appreciate the OP. It has the BTS holders and BM in mind. Everything mentioned is worth being discussed (best without much emotions), especially (3). Aligning interests is crucial.

Personally I think Brian (I have no idea about Adam) is doing a good job at what he is doing which is not building a reputation for BitShares among tech enthusiasts. Still the points are very much worth being discussed.

I also requested more transparency https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11725.msg154349#msg154349 and did not get a satisfying answer. Everything the AGS funds are spend on should be 100% transparent. If it is not it should be stated why (legal reasons) which is also acceptable.

PS: It doesnt matter who the OP is (not me :) ). Ideas and arguments matter not people!

Offline onceuponatime

Why don't you post under your normal forum name?

Two possibilities:

1.  He's shy

or

2. His posting history might possibly reveal something about motivation
    and/or perspective.

zerosum

I have limited political capital. BM is obviously getting crushed and needs help but I cannot help him. This is a cry for help from *you* the shareholder.

[disclaimer] It was not me posting the OP.

I have posted like 80% of the above under my own name... so I do not need to say I double those...except for the timing of it.
Why now is a mystery to me, but I was OK with earlier so...

on Q#2 - I believe the number is 15 Mil BTS currently for Brian up to now, btw.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:38:49 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline CountOfTheSparklesGhost

• View Profile

I have limited political capital. BM is obviously getting crushed and needs help but I cannot help him. This is a cry for help from *you* the shareholder.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline CountOfTheSparklesGhost

• View Profile
Bytemaster, I would appreciate public answers to all of these questions. Sorry to do this to you, but when lots of money is involved, asking hard questions is the right thing to do. You’ve always championed transparency as far as I can remember, which is part of the reason I have invested so much and am ready to invest even more once these are addressed:

1) What value is Follow My Vote supposed to be contributing? When will we see deliverables? Will you make them pay for / work on BTS stuff, considering you gave them a huge monetary gift (30m BTS which is half a million dollars) and apparently a core developer as well (nathanhourt on github, a top contributor for github.com/bitshares/bitshares until recently)?

2) I understand Brian and his team have a performance-based incentive of some kind, can you give us exact numbers? Is it another 30m like for Adam?

3) What will you do if a different marketing team can prove that a marketing success is due to their contributions and not Brian's?

4) Yes, I said *prove* - you know marketing is an objective science, right? How do you measure marketing success? How does Brian? Have you ever used the word "metric" in your marketing discussions?

5) Would you support a hard fork to freeze FMV’s funds if a majority of shareholders approved it? When will we have the proposal feature so that we can vote on it?   ~~Poll question~~: Should we freeze FMV’s half-million-dollar sharedrop until they deliver something with non-0 positive value?

6) Bonus question: What is your hypothesis about why Ethereum, which is younger than BTS, is literally 10 times more well-known by most freely-accessible internet marketing metrics? "I don't know" is an acceptable and honorable answer.

Thanks for your time and sorry again for bringing up this uncomfortable topic. You still have my support 100%, because I don't blame you for the failures alluded to above.

P.S.  If you want to do something, but internal politics prevent you, all it takes is the proposal feature with a properly-worded proposal for your shareholders to get it and vote how you want. Don’t be a slave to contrived social pressure and stop letting your friends plunder your investors’ funds.

To everyone else: I think Brian Page and Adam Ernest (among others, but these guys have fat BTS stake now) are both leeches who are sucking value out of Dan, taking advantage of his inability to make value judgements about some aspects of business (marketing and business dev). It is the job of BTS holders to prevent corruption, incompetence, or whatever is really going on. Demand a proposal / polling feature.