Author Topic: Multiple accounts on the same wallet? Bad idea?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline joele

• View Profile
Can you restore BTS holdings, assets and shares just by the private key for that account?

Yes, just rescan after importing.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Can you restore BTS holdings, assets and shares just by the private key for that account?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline joele

• View Profile
I have multiple accounts in one wallet and backed up their private keys, this is sure way to restore the account.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It's fine to have multiple accounts in a wallet. In the past, account keys were not generated deterministically so you would have had to back it up after every account. But I think that was fixed. In any case, just back up your wallet after you make all the accounts you want and you will definitely be safe.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline oakmaster

So how many accounts would be safe on one wallet and is there a way to remove that account and maybe import it on its own wallet if not could it just be removed??

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I know more accounts makes it slower to scan. I'd like to see some quantitative details on this.

I don't know whether or not it makes restoring a wallet a lot harder.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I think I saw somewhere on this forum something about having multiple accounts on the same wallet makes restoring a wallet a lot harder, and sometimes even impossible. Is this still the case? Should I only have 1 account on the BTS client?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi