Author Topic: Mobile Wallet - Testers needed  (Read 77189 times)

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Dear community,

Its been a long time without updates so i will try to summarize what we were doing and were we are going.

I was holding the update because we are pretty close to the release of 3rd version and i wanted this post to be that notice.

We still working on the 3rd version (the last alpha) code name "making bitAssets usable everywhere Bitcoin is accepted".
We are integrating the wallet backend with liquidity providers like CryptoHedge (through metaexchange.info) and also in talks with other bitcoin service providers.

@cass has joined our team and is helping us with the new design and branding,
Anyway, the 3rd release will still be using our old-and-ugly design with minor modifications while @cass works on the new one for v4.

So v3 will look something like this.

And v4 will look something like this.

------------------------------
Were we are going.

We want to build a company on top of the wallet service.
In fact we already have a name for it ... LIME.
Pablo (@dargonar), besides working on the frontend, is working on a pitch deck to show to potential investors.

The 100% delegate position is helping us bootstrap the company, but as you may know this can't even pay one developer salary. So we are looking to raise seed funding.

We believe that LIME besides being for profit will also bring value to the BitShares shareholders as a whole.

As bytemaster said "Every delegate should have a business plan", we are going in that direction.

Besides all this, we are working side-by-side with @matt608, @fran2k and @rgcrypto holding meetups in the Buenos Aires Bitcoin Center, teaching the local Bitcoin community about BitShares and bitAssets, doing paper wallets giveaways, creating a video about BitShares in spanish with the people from btcenespanol.com and (as soon as i have some time) helping BTCTrip.com to accept bitUSD as a payment method.

Thats all for now, stay tuned for v3 update.

Matias
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:45:34 am by cass »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Better to have more info about what's going on..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I heard @cass has joined their team to integrate an awesome UI :)

lzr1900

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
@Riverhead

* If you plan to transfer funds from desktop wallet to mobile, don't use the GUI because it will generate a titan transaction that the mobile wallet wont see. (If it happens by mistake PM me and i will help you recovering those funds)
use wallet_transfer_to_address 5 USD your_account your_address_in_mobile from console.

To decrypt the private key.

Code: [Select]
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -in infile -out outfile -pass pass:"wallet_password_here" -d -base64
where the content of infile is the base64 encrypted key

PM and i will help you recovering those funds.

Offline Riverhead

Hopefully this hasn't been answered somewhere in the last 12 pages :)

So I sent money to the mobile wallet with out RTFM and now the money isn't showing up. I did the following:

1) Created mobile.riverhead in the wallet.
2) Go to accounts tab in the mobile wallet and see mobile.riverhead with a BTS address under it
3) Send some bitGold to address in #2 above to test.

I can see the transaction where I sent the money but it doesn't show in the wallet.
I did a backup of the wallet and have tried to decrypt the private key into wif format so I can import it into the desktop client. However I don't know the parameters used to encrypt the backup. Anyone know them?

Thanks!

Riverhead - Mobile.n00b (not an actual address)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 :)
If you are keeping the API side closed like MyCelium, please state your reason for doing so.

i don't think we'll keep it closed source ..strongly guess that API will also open sourced!

Quote from: elmato
Api will be public
we should think if is convenient to opensource the backend code
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:38:48 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
is the network connection model similar to mycelium which has an api running behind some network supernodes?  Is the API  mechanism decentralized or a central entity? In that I mean is the code open sourced? I would imagine we would have the delegates host this API so that it is as decentralized as signing blocks.

If you are keeping the API side closed like MyCelium, please state your reason for doing so.

Bump.. I still want an answer to this question ElMato.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag