Author Topic: bitUSD over $1 million USD market cap  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The rules might have changed, but last I checked giveaways are not allowed on bitcointalk. It would probably be a good idea to check exactly what the current rules are for it.

There is a big sticky thread saying that giveaways are banned.  :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The rules might have changed, but last I checked giveaways are not allowed on bitcointalk. It would probably be a good idea to check exactly what the current rules are for it.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Better to give away bitUSD not BTS.  BTS it like shares, Google doesn't give away its shares to people to get them to use its products.  bitUSD is the product, do bitUSD giveaways.  BTS giveaways make it seem less valuable too, whereas bitUSD can't be made less valuable by a giveaway as its market pegged.

I dont mind giving away bitUSD but when you give away BTS your also giving a dream.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Better to give away bitUSD not BTS.  BTS it like shares, Google doesn't give away its shares to people to get them to use its products.  bitUSD is the product, do bitUSD giveaways.  BTS giveaways make it seem less valuable too, whereas bitUSD can't be made less valuable by a giveaway as its market pegged.

+5% I think that is a much better approach.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Fully agree with this

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Agree.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I think doing the giveaway on http://bitcointalk.org is your best bet. They have a large userbase and a lot of them are looking for the "next big thing" in regards to altcoins, and everyone would participate because its free money. :D

You could also google "bitcoin blog" and find a bunch of crypto currency related blogs and you could let them know about your giveaway and they could tell their subscribers.

Sounds good will do.  Probably will have to do 5000 bitshares.

I think it is a great idea.  However, one thing I would personally consider is having something that would be posts that make them do something for the 1000bts.  Make it something goal oriented. 

You could, for instance, go on bitsharestalk every week with 40,000bts and call it the "BTS Daily Quest".  Have a 140 Character twitter post that is prepared toward a certain end...marketing material from Method's marketing group comes to mind, or beyond bitcoin hangouts when they are newly posted.  Then have them tweet it and retweet each other.  Have them provide screenshots when they tweet and retweet it.  Give them 1000bts for each with a cap of one tweet and one retweet. 

When they post to the thread it will bump it and keep people thinking about it.  Put in the post somewhere that it was paid for by our bitshares blockchain through a marketing delegate...to get people wondering what these delegates are all about.  I know that Riverhead has his delegate's monthly expenses in a google spreadsheet.  Maybe something like that should be done as well.

Very good points Fuzzy.  I agree that we need to make it viral oriented. Make them do 3 things in order to be entered into the giveaway. Everything that they do will bring in more people to the giveaway.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fuzzy

I think doing the giveaway on http://bitcointalk.org is your best bet. They have a large userbase and a lot of them are looking for the "next big thing" in regards to altcoins, and everyone would participate because its free money. :D

You could also google "bitcoin blog" and find a bunch of crypto currency related blogs and you could let them know about your giveaway and they could tell their subscribers.

I think it is a great idea.  However, one thing I would personally consider is having something that would be posts that make them do something for the 1000bts.  Make it something goal oriented. 

You could, for instance, go on bitsharestalk every week with 40,000bts and call it the "BTS Daily Quest".  Have a 140 Character twitter post that is prepared toward a certain end...marketing material from Method's marketing group comes to mind, or beyond bitcoin hangouts when they are newly posted.  Then have them tweet it and retweet each other.  Have them provide screenshots when they tweet and retweet it.  Give them 1000bts for each with a cap of one tweet and one retweet.  Until you are out of BTS.

When they post to the thread it will bump it and keep people thinking about it.  Put in the post somewhere that it was paid for by our bitshares blockchain through a marketing delegate...to get people wondering what these delegates are all about.  I know that Riverhead has his delegate's monthly expenses in a google spreadsheet.  Maybe something like that should be done as well.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:57:55 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:16:13 pm by islandking »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Seems like a good idea. But I don't think stokecontests.com is the way to go. I would try and partner up with a big crypto currency blog or website and have them post your giveaway to their blog followers. . Another idea is to do the giveaway on Bitcointalk or another large forum.

Just throwing some ideas out there...

I agree you would have to advertise on a big crypto currency or big regular blog as well as bitcointalk, the value is out of the mailing list
which you attain from this.

islandking, do you know the URLs of the big crypto currency blogs?

I believe the present stokescontests page ive made is not good but a specially designed nice looking sign up page may be whats needed.  We do get high statistics for pageviews per user at 6,5.

These were Octobers 2014 monthly statistics

Sessions

Users

Pageviews

Visitors fluctuate depending on when a good giveaway is ending.

Here is Novembers statistics

Sessions

Users

Pageviews

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Seems like a good idea. But I don't think stokecontests.com is the way to go. I would try and partner up with a big crypto currency blog or website and have them post your giveaway to their blog followers. . Another idea is to do the giveaway on Bitcointalk or another large forum.

Just throwing some ideas out there...

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/bitusd/ +5% +5% +5%

We need 100% pay delegates simply made for the referral program.

I was thinking on my website www.stokescontests.com to put up a giveaway for 1000 bitshares, may see how it will go.

Have a delegate set up just to give away all the $2500 USD that it gets each month, as Fuzzy would put it, something like airdropping.

I do have a 30,000 user base, and a 10,000 subscriber opt-in mailing list.  Ive thought about being a delegate but I dont know if I want to do it or for how long I would do it for.  As how would it work, I just get $2500 US to spend on prizes, and advertising, and if I work it through my present stokescontests, I get the users?  I could always give the user list to bytemaster but I would like some input from users of Bitshares as well as Hero Members here.  This excludes tonyk2 unless he will be civil.

Update No.3 but 3 were without headers

How I see it is there should be an auditing mechanism or person, ie Fuzzy or whoever.  Someone paid by the community to make sure the delegates, ie if I did it, were spending all the money on the necessary mechanisms.

Maybe a forum where there is a thread where you can look at history.  Or a yammer.com site or in the future a "Facebook for Work" site.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:54:33 pm by eagleeye »