Author Topic: Predict the date of the Bitshares 1.0 release  (Read 6733 times)

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Well I am not sure I agree with you...Times have changed since the days of Steve Job. In our time if you are late you are out of the game..Competition is getting stronger and stronger..I am sure that everyone is doing their best though to meet our expectations and we won't get left behind..Our devs rock!

True. Very good point. You need to take advantage of the opportunity in front of you or someone else will. I think it is a balance between quality and getting the product out ASAP. Nothing will ever be "perfect" and it is only version 1.0 so there will be changes after it.

You don't want to launch with a version that was rushed as it could give first time users a bad impression of your product. I think BM and the other devs are aware of this balance and I think they will do an excellent job with the release of the 1.0 software.  +5% Looking forward to it :)
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Well I am not sure I agree with you...Times have changed since the days of Steve Job. In our time if you are late you are out of the game..Competition is getting stronger and stronger..I am sure that everyone is doing their best though to meet our expectations and we won't get left behind..Our devs rock!

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I hope they do not rush the final 1.0 release. I want them to take as much time as they need before releasing it. If you look at all the successful companies they did it right the first time. Look at Steve Jobs, he strived to create a quality product before he released it to the public.

Please do not rush the 1.0 release to meet any kind of deadline. Take your time... :)
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline roadscape

I want to say do it on December 23, the date the Federal Reserve was created, but looks like it will be in early 2015.

That would be so good!

101 Years to the Day!

Hmmm...

And, 101 is binary for 5. Which is a cool number.

The plot thickens...
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I want to say also by the end of 2014 but December 2015  wouldn't surprise me either :(

P.S. I have no idea what Bitshares 1.0 means so don't take me seriously..

The significance of 1.0 is that it will mean no further hard forks or major changes for the next 6 months, meaning we can begin getting exchanges to run gateways and begin general marketing.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I have been harsh on the guys but their history of making deadlines is weak at best.

I am rooting for them this time and I think it will be Dec 31. We should do a pool for a few bitUSD and make this fun  :)

Well if the "not quite but close to 1.0" release is scheduled to come by Christmas, I'd have to imagine a Dec. 31st rollout for 1.0 is fairly optimistic. I guess I'll go ahead and pick February 23rd? Sooner the better though, things gotta get moving before competition can steal the thunder.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
101 Years to the Day!

Hmmm...

Lol...that would have been awesome..

I have been harsh on the guys but their history of making deadlines is weak at best.

I am rooting for them this time and I think it will be Dec 31. We should do a pool for a few bitUSD and make this fun  :)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
101 Years to the Day!

Hmmm...

Lol...that would have been awesome..

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I want to say do it on December 23, the date the Federal Reserve was created, but looks like it will be in early 2015.

That would be so good!

101 Years to the Day!

Hmmm...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You nees to distinguish blockchain version and client version.

Offline jckj

• View Profile
I care about the function and stability of bts except vesion.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I want to say also by the end of 2014 but December 2015  wouldn't surprise me either :(

P.S. I have no idea what Bitshares 1.0 means so don't take me seriously..

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

That would be so good!

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline monsterer

Please do it on a non-holiday day, otherwise delegates may be slow to update!
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I'll go for January 1st (Virginia time). I can see the whole team counting down for new year, and pressing the "launch" button just over midnight.
Careful, you're going to get Stan excited with talk like that.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair.

lol, I bet he will !

zerosum

I know, I'm saying BM's name choice will be bad :P

Its a veritable mutiny in here!

It is nothing novel  :)
He likes dropping stuff like that on BM now and again.

One of the many reasons, I am personally a big fan of his... reminds me of someone I know.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Its a veritable mutiny in here!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I submitted this as a suggestion on fairlay.com

1.0 is a bad name. The only 1.0 thing about it is protocol forward compatability

We are just guessing at what date Bytemaster will choose to declare his code release '1.0'.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Riverhead

I'll go for January 1st (Virginia time). I can see the whole team counting down for new year, and pressing the "launch" button just over midnight.
Careful, you're going to get Stan excited with talk like that.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
1.0 is a bad name. The only 1.0 thing about it is protocol forward compatability

We are just guessing at what date Bytemaster will choose to declare his code release '1.0'. 

Offline lakerta06

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I'll guess Jan 18th.  How "1.0" that version will be I'm not sure, seems a big leap from 0.4.24 to 1 in a month or so.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:51:57 pm by matt608 »

Offline Rune

• View Profile
February 1st maybe? Can't wait...

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Perfect use case for prediction markets.  Start betting!  :D

My guess is January 15th
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:09:46 pm by islandking »

Offline graffenwalder

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I predict Jan 7, 2015.

Whoever guesses the right day gets...the joy of knowing they were right. :)