Author Topic: User Issued Asset Upgrades  (Read 18725 times)

Offline Riverhead

Do we have an official word on if #4 applies to MARKET assets (bitUSD, etc.)?

It doesn't. /official

Link?

Offline Rune

• View Profile

It doesn't. /official

Offline Riverhead

zerosum

For a minute there I thought you meant 500k USD lol. 

Details of the exact fees would be good.

...soon to cost a whole lot more than 500k USD... :D

From your lips to God's ears!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

...soon to cost a whole lot more than 500k USD... :D

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Is there a place with all the information about user issued assets?  I'll need the info for part 2 of an article series I'm writing.   How much does it cost to issue an asset?  Did alts idea of a 'maintain fee' go ahead? The wiki page is completely empty:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/UserAssets

I think price is something like 500 for 6-8 character asset names and 500k for 3-5 characters

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Is there a place with all the information about user issued assets?  I'll need the info for part 2 of an article series I'm writing.   How much does it cost to issue an asset?  Did alts idea of a 'maintain fee' go ahead? The wiki page is completely empty:

I think price is something like 500 for 6-8 character asset names and 500k for 3-5 characters

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
1) You can now specify a required transaction fee (payable in user issued asset) once per transaction that withdraws that asset type.
2) You can now have multi-sig issuers/control over an asset
3) You can now have child asset symbols like child accounts to facilitate trust in a common issuer of related assets.
4) Issuers can now optionally retain complete control over all balances in their asset. (Freeze accounts, etc) Needed for legal compliance.
5) Issuers can now optionally white list public keys that may own/trade the issued asset.

With these powers Gateways can comply with all regulations just like with Ripple.  Companies can issue shares while remaining in full compliance with the law.

i am curious. if i create a 500.000 BTS asset how much will a child asset cost?
- how will the naming function? like BTS - child would be BTS.child or BTS-child ?

Offline bytemaster

Can Issuer pay dividends yet?

+5% Mass payment module.

This would be very expensive to implement a primitive for.   You can send out 1000 transactions or use a "send many" to group them into manageable sizes.   Having an operation do that would be too expensive. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline joele

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Assets can become less restrictive but not more restrictive.

Traceability is required for compliance with SEC for issuing shares in companies and KYC for depositors.    Laws vary by state/country/etc but with what we have implemented the issuer/users has freedom to comply as little or as much as they want.
This is HUGE!!
 +5% +5%

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I have thought some about  4) and 5),
I haven't  view the source and I still don't how do you implement it,
but I think  white list maybe not so easy, because the list can be very large
I think it's more reasonable  to implement this with sub account.
some agent company can offer a service  for identity authentication service,  like:
register account,  rescue private key, freeze account, offer some information to government....
all these sub account have the same root account, both customer and the agent company owner the private key.

the asset creater only need to set which root account can be trust.
they don't need to save the customer's information, they don't need to  make deal with government directly,
they don't need to handle the customer's identity service.

1) You can now specify a required transaction fee (payable in user issued asset) once per transaction that withdraws that asset type.
2) You can now have multi-sig issuers/control over an asset
3) You can now have child asset symbols like child accounts to facilitate trust in a common issuer of related assets.
4) Issuers can now optionally retain complete control over all balances in their asset. (Freeze accounts, etc) Needed for legal compliance.
5) Issuers can now optionally white list public keys that may own/trade the issued asset.

With these powers Gateways can comply with all regulations just like with Ripple.  Companies can issue shares while remaining in full compliance with the law.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Can you give us a comfort level that this won't apply to bitUSD, bitGOLD, or bitSILVER?

This would be a new hard forking change that I don't think any of the devs want to implement, and if they did implement it I suspect the branch without it would be the one that was actually populated.