Author Topic: Cloud mining Guide Protoshares - for ypool [working]  (Read 10224 times)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Re: Cloud mining Guide Protoshares - for ypool [working]
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
Yes, M7h will come nearest days.

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline addy4u

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 04:37:05 am »
@ yvg1900 are u planning to update ur minner ?

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 05:57:32 pm »
Just to keep discussion running,

1) This can only be done on the pool level, but as you probably know, I have no relations neither to ypool nor to its owners. I act on my own.

4) Sounds reasonable, but there are two concerns: a) reconnects - just wasting mining time, though negligible, too, but I shall think about that. b) there are anyway screams of me being too greedy - which I simply do not understand.

5) Yes, the miner only. Pure scientific interest. Yes I do have a lot of spare time. I do not comment more in public neither or motivation, nor other issues related to the miner.

yvg1900

P.P.S. Yes, it is. But I bet the pure interest of using the miner is just economics behind performance gain, that are easy to calculate. On the other hand, if one will decide not to use the program, there is no way to force. And no need to.

And I appreciate your way of thinking on pay-as-long-as-you-use-it. Makes sense. I shall sleep with the idea.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 10:57:56 am »
please do not treat this as an offence or push - agreed?
Of course, no problem!

1) but definitely not all are using M7g line. Only fraction. Big ops do not bother updating - just fire and forget.
This could (easily?) be changed by making older miners no longer compatible. (I think that happend before - for technical reasons - but could be done on purpose for financial reasons? Just a thought.)

4) Only very few restart miner often - mostly during initial selection phase - from my stats it is negligible.
How about canceling the 120-second-mining-at-startup idea and creating a function to mine 30 seconds every hour into the devpool? (Which would turn out as a 30-second-startmining plus 30 seconds every following hour for the whole uptime of the miner). Restarts no longer necessary/required.

5) The outcome is that having 43000 machines connected, they all together contribute 1 mediocre machine for two months. And this perfectly matches the share value earned in practice.
That brings up the question: why did you program the miner in the first place? Because you have too much sparetime and want to help other people make a fortune, or to make a fortune yourself (while having fun programming as it is your hobby)? I guess primarily the latter. If you then decide to open your program to the public you could also choose to sell it - or do as you did and give it away for free / donations. It's good to believe in the good of mankind. But as you see: it mostly doesn't work. So I think the devmining-option built into the client is a good choice. Those who do not like it can choose another mining software.

P.S. as of you being user of the miner, I would prefer explicit donation, and amount does not matter - fact is important. This is just a sign of respect, no more no less.
Is it also a sign of respect to continue using your miner while "force-paying" for dev-miningtime? Disrespectful would be liking your software but only using it as long as it's completely free. (But if there are good competitors - it would be an option "evil" people could choose!)

I think it's disrespectful to force people to donate, but it is also disrespectful to not grant you some seconds of miningpower when using your software. I think the "30 seconds an hour" would be fair for all. Everybody using it has to pay, the longer they use it, the more they pay. No begging, no stealing. I wouldn't know how much to donate / what would be appropriate. One "Dollar" as a one-time-payment for one year of mining with 100 machines? One Bitcoin per miner per month? - I like the idea of pay-as-long-as-you-use-it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:19:50 pm by Gekko »

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:33:55 am »
Thanks - accepted :)

yvg1900

Offline addy4u

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 09:31:08 am »
Well bro i do respect miners developer , plz just check the OP now :)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:43 am »
Okay, let us calculate - please do not treat this as an offence or push - agreed?

So, information on miners is open and available: it is shown as the workers count on the top right of ypool site, isn't it?

So we have:

1) 43000 miners at the moment - we take them all, but definitely not all are using M7g line. Only fraction. Big ops do not bother updating - just fire and forget.
2) The above comes to 86000 minutes, number looks huge but it is just 1433 hours, or 59 days.
3) The average machine is mediocre - you know that from the chat. Most are hunting free lunch at different VPS provs, big ops don't care anyway - see 1).
4) Only very few restart miner often - mostly during initial selection phase - from my stats it is negligible.
5) The outcome is that having 43000 machines connected, they all together contribute 1 mediocre machine for two months. And this perfectly matches the share value earned in practice.

Please comment on the math here - I prefer open discussion of this topic, no need to hide that at all.

yvg1900

P.S. as of you being user of the miner, I would prefer explicit donation, and amount does not matter - fact is important. This is just a sign of respect, no more no less. And it actually closes the question of what is appropriate - way too personal issue, isn't it?

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 08:32:00 am »
Try calculating the profits, this is pure nominal amount.
Depends on how many miner installations there are.
10000(00) x 120 seconds on every miner start wouldn't be too bad I think.

But I am thinking that I shall probably increase this time to make it usable only by those who respect efforts put into it.
That would be ok for me (as a user of your miner) if it stays in "fair" / usable boundaries.

But anyway at least mentioning the miner developer and call to stay up to date with new versions shall me mandatory, I would say. If there would be a mention of "Thanks yvg1900 for the miner referred to in this guide, follow @yvg1900 on Twitter to stay updated" - that would be perfectly enough.
Completely agree!

P.S. But it is still funny how people make decisions "enough or not enough" without calculating.
How can you calculate without knowing how many miners are run?
If I run 1 miner you maybe get between 1 and 3 "share found" in 120 seconds.
If I run 100 miners... do the math.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 08:24:50 am »
But Gekko - your point is perfectly clear.

I just want to clarify that 120 sec can not finance efforts put in that development. I appreciate your comments on other threads.

And new faster versions to come :)

yvg1900

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 08:21:08 am »
Try calculating the profits, this is pure nominal amount. WAY less than what people are gaining with performance inprovement.

But I am thinking that I shall probably increase this time to make it usable only by those who respect efforts put into it.

But anyway at least mentioning the miner developer and call to stay up to date with new versions shall me mandatory, I would say. If there would be a mention of "Thanks yvg1900 for the miner referred to in this guide, follow @yvg1900 on Twitter to stay updated" - that would be perfectly enough.

I will add such a clause to the readme.txt

yvg1900

P.S. But it is still funny how people make decisions "enough or not enough" without calculating.

Offline Gekko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 08:05:39 am »
I am wondering why people to not put miner developer donation addresses to their guides...
Not necessary anymore for new miner versions that "pay for themselves" by mining the first 120 seconds for the developers I guess?

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:01:16 am »
I am wondering why people to not put miner developer donation addresses to their guides...

Without miners those guides and mining in general would not be possible...

yvg1900

Offline addy4u

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:59 am »
That's the most recent version mate :)

U can donate PTS if u want my PTS address is in the OP  :)

Offline lordfirefox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 05:09:35 am »
Is there a way to get a more recent version of the miner on to the instance?
PTS: Pimu7pvvbCJF9LKsCUw2ZUb2pdHRzLLjBa

Offline bretlerfish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:39 am »
thx. u rock. I will donate for the help after first payout!!! send me a pm