Author Topic: [Proposal] Show interest rate of bitassets in GUI  (Read 2990 times)

Offline furney

• View Profile
Love some feed back . I am thinking of putting a good looking, single page website together with a bitshares value/price ticker.

All fiat currencies to be available

I feel it will help the cause allowing people to know the live price at a click of a button and maybe even interest rates down the track with help.....

If people start to see some assets are paying 5% its a good thing to see, in turn bringing the masses in to our bitshares world

bitsharesvalue.com

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Wallet is a marketing tool for the product itself. Find a way to list something that looks good.

If it needs an Asterix with assumptions, so be it.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Good idea. This will help average users to decide where to store their money.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline anycoin

• View Profile
I like the idea....alot......not all of us are economists, but I must admit that crypto in general has me studying things I never thought that I would.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Agreed. This would be useful on bitsharesblocks also. Hint hint, svk.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Definitely, this isn't already available from the client though is it? Meaning is it something that needs to be calculated based on transaction fees for a given asset over a given period or does the client already tell us the interest rate for each asset?

Run get_asset, and then divide: (collected_fees)/(current_share_supply).
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

Definitely, this isn't already available from the client though is it? Meaning is it something that needs to be calculated based on transaction fees for a given asset over a given period or does the client already tell us the interest rate for each asset?

blockchain_get_asset will tell you the total collected fees and the total supply.   Those can be divided to tell you the current estimated APR.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

There are several "interest rates":

1) Estimated Yield  =  TotalFeesCollected / TotalUSD
2) Average Short Interest = Weighted Average of all open short positions.
3) Average Future Short Interest = Weighted Average of all short orders that have not been filled.

Each of these has an impact on the estimated future yield.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Current situation
For market-pegged assets like bitUSD and bitCNY, users can not easiliy see their current interest rate in GUI.

Suggestions:
1. list interest rate in ‘Market’ tab of wallet GUI. For users just want to store their money, they would definitely choose the one with higher interest rate.
2. For accounts having balances in bitUSD, the interest rate should also be listed here.
3. the unit of interest rate shown should be discussed. Whether simple units like ‘daily yield’ or professional units like ‘on the 7th of the year yield’ or ‘per million fund net revenue’
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:06:13 pm by cn-members »
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.