Author Topic: Bitshares.org suggestions  (Read 4963 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
github and twitter icons are almost impossible to identify on the main page (no scrolling) .. do to the bright background

will fix this asap... maybe considering to create a new video animation ...

+5%

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
github and twitter icons are almost impossible to identify on the main page (no scrolling) .. do to the bright background

will fix this asap... maybe considering to create a new video animation ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline House

• CEO BTCOR Group
    • View Profile
    • BTCOR
  • BitShares: house-ceo
The home page is absolutely brilliant!
Vibrant... active... real-time... 21st Century

It seems to get dark from there on.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Educational: Learning & Teaching BitShares
I like that .. it's not "technical" .. so people don't get afraid right away :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
And of course last but not least

Educational: Learning & Teaching BitShares
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:33:54 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
How can BitShares help you?

Users: Savings & Checkings Accounts
Merchants: Payments & Consulting
Investors: Economy & Trading
Experts: Toolkit & Technology

Education of interest with a pitch of vision ;)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
edit: Wordpress makes sense when more users are updating etc site... but in 90% i'm the only one who update site currently ... and i have a lot of other tasks in progress...
so it would be great if i can dive more into this isntead of updating etc site every day... my 2 bts

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your input ...

short update

i'm planning to create a seperat static non wp site for developer section and seperate with a subdomain.
Also if you think this would make sense, why not sperate and create a stand alone investor site also!
Static site, cause devs can easily and faster update content via git! When using jekyll the can write content from CLI and publish per push!

What you thinking about!?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Videos on the front page introducing Bitshares

A clear description of the product
https://ripple.com/integrate/
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline joele

• View Profile
I was clicking the down arrow I thought page is not working or something.
I suggest to make this arrow clickable and add arrows to all pages.

A page with screenshots of the wallet and its features.

and the WHY information to all pages, it says Flexible, why it's flexible, Low Cost, why low cost?

Just my 2 cents.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The website definitely needs to be more mobile friendly. I would have a separate design that is mobile friendly and you can just use a script that detects whether or not they are using a mobile device. A lot of internet traffic is mobile so making the website easy to use for mobile users is extremely important.

I am not a huge fan of the scroll down pictures with one sentence per picture. I think we should add something with more substance to it.

I would not use this vault picture: http://bitshares.org/#5 It just looks fake to me. A big turn off personally. A lot of the photos need to be changed in my opinion.

I really like the design of this section http://v3.bitshares.org/index.php#industries with showing all the different industries bitshares can be applied to. Maybe we could use part of it for our investors page?

The blog currently has a lot of articles which is good. However the font color of the articles is light grey which I really hate as it makes it hard to read.
The images on the articles also seem to be unprofessional and blurry. Example: http://bitshares.org/the-value-proposition-of-bitsharesx-part-i-core-technology/

All the references to BTSX, AGS, PTS, and BTS XT need to be replaced with BTS. New users will get really confused with all of these old product references.

We need videos! Videos are important to getting new users to use bitshares. I would make a nice overview video of bitshares for the home page. Then  you could have a video for the merchant page, developers page, investors page, and users page. It might also be a good idea to have a few tutorial videos for new users on how to setup their account.

I also think that once the website is redesigned the forum could use some work in organizing it better, and maybe changing the design of the forum.

Just my 2 cents. I might post some more feedback later. :) Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:05:46 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Rune

• View Profile
So, Brian has told me that him and cass are working on the website this week. Since getting bitshares.org to look professional and be a proper funnel for users, investors, developers and merchants is probably the most important task right now, I think it is imperative that everyone in the community comes with input, if they can.

As I understand it the plan is for the current pages to be updated, and a new page for developers will be added.

Please have a look at bitshares.org and post everything you think should be changed and added here. Hopefully we can get a discussion going, and arrive on consensus on questions like information density (little text vs lots of text), target (mainstream users vs bitcoin users), design style, targeted landing pages (like the merchant and developer page, perhaps we could also use an investors landing page?) etc. The most important thing is to have a clear goal with every landing page that ensures interested leads end up downloading the client, joining the community, signing up for a delegate.

The bitshares.org website will be the single most important factor in determining the success of our blockchain, so please don't be shy about voicing your opinion or criticizing anything you don't like. We cannot allow it be anything less than top notch once marketing begins and leads are referred to it.

I'll write more suggestions later once I've had some time to think about it, but one thing I think could be useful is to have the overall website layout broken into 4 landing pages for different target segments that looks something like:

bitshares.org (like the current frontpage, pretty pictures and a simple sell of bitassets. Has real time fetch of bitasset peg from CMC, and real time estimate of yield. bottom of the page has direct links to mobile wallet download and a link to the "getting started" page)

These pages are all visible in the top menu bar:

bitshares.org/developers (information dense rundown of open positions and desired skills, then a brief introduction to delegates. call to action is a link to the delegate subforum (perhaps a specific post describing submission rules for delegate applications) and a link to the "getting started" page)

bitshares.org/merchants (a very brief explanation of what digital currencies are, then explains the advantages of accepting bitassets as a merchant. CTA is a list of ecommerce plugins and link to the "getting started" page)

bitshares.org/investors (a sell of BTS for bitcoiners/blockchainers. Explains the specs of our blockchain, briefly explains DPOS, briefly explains the value of bitassets. bottom of page is link to whitepapers, a list of BTS exchanges and link to "getting started")

bitshares.org/getting-started (several different boxes | Join our community: links to reddit and bitsharestalk. | Get a wallet: links to mobile wallets. | Download the full node: github links to QT wallet.  | Read the whitepapers: links to whitepapers.

bitshares.org/blog (like now)

bitshares.org/wiki (wiki might not be presentable enough for this yet)

once the new pages are up and running we should also aim to get localization as soon as possible, something that can probably relatively easily be crowdsourced.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 09:53:52 pm by Rune »