Author Topic: Account dust question  (Read 1876 times)

Offline vikram

This should not happen. We will take a look when we can: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/916

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Maybe this is a rounding issue and actually your balance is somewhere between 0.000005 and 0.00001 BTS and only displayed as 0.00001 BTS? In this case your balance would become negative if you tried to transfer 0.00001 BTS.

Maybe. When I tried to withdraw the full amount including the 0.00001 it said insufficient funds. Even though I had accounted for the fee.

Example:
Balance: 1.50001
Attempt to send 1.00001 I get a read message saying "insufficient funds"
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Maybe this is a rounding issue and actually your balance is somewhere between 0.000005 and 0.00001 BTS and only displayed as 0.00001 BTS? In this case your balance would become negative if you tried to transfer 0.00001 BTS.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'd love to be able to make something like

wallet_transfer ALL USD xeroc charity

Offline mira

• View Profile
I can assure you it is possible to have a 0 BTS balance in the account.   :'(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:12:16 am by mira »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What makes you say it forces you to keep .00001 BTS in your account? AFAIK all it forces is that you pay a fee.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
So I was playing around with the BTS client and I found that the client forces you to keep 0.00001 BTS in your account.
Why does it not allow you to transfer this out? Is it impossible to make an account have a 0 BTS balance? In future versions will you be able to do this?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi