Author Topic: Bitshares pts  (Read 4720 times)

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
So this is a fork? What are the pluses and minuses? Will the whole community move over?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Great. I just download next version when it comes, and my shares are automatically there? Just what I hoped.

BitShares PTS will be a different "coin," like Litecoin is to Bitcoin. It will have a separate wallet. To claim your share you download then new PTS wallet after it launches (does not matter when) and then "import" the key from your old PTS wallet. This is not as difficult as it sounds, and there is no time pressure as it does not matter when you claim your shares.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:59:46 pm by CLains »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If you have your funds in your own wallet then no need to do anything. Your share is generated from the balance in your wallet at a certain date, and you can use the keys to that wallet to claim your share later on.

If you have your funds in an exchange the matter is more complicated, as exchanges usually control the keys to the funds you hold there. Some exchanges claim your shares and give them to you, while others (e.g. Cryptsy) typically are unable or unwilling to do this for users.

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
Great. I just download next version when it comes, and my shares are automatically there? Just what I hoped.

Offline fuzzy

I saw a thread about bitshares pts. I have some bitshares. Do I have to do anything, or do I just wait around? I am busy with other things.
I'm on version 0.24 of the software I think.

You will be sharedropped an equal stake in the new project.  So you don't have to do anything. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
I saw a thread about bitshares pts. I have some bitshares. Do I have to do anything, or do I just wait around? I am busy with other things.
I'm on version 0.24 of the software I think.