Author Topic: Bitshares pts  (Read 4722 times)

Offline mange36

• View Profile
Ok thanks, yes you are right, it really seems like the PTS network is VERY slow.

I have two transfers in the pipe:

The first transfer was sent 2014-12-11 and it quickly got 2 confirmations :-)
The second transfer was sent 2014-12-12 but it still has zero confirmations! :-(

Can I use the transaction id to predict when I should get the first confirmation?

When is the deadline for the Dec 14 snapshot? Midnight Dec 13 or Midnight Dec 14?

Update: My second transfer got 1 confirmation Dec 13 just before midnight, thank you everybody for your help :-)

Update: I just opened my Bitshares PTS wallet and I only see a positive PTS balance, nothing else. Can anyone explain to a newbie what steps I need to apply to my wallet to get the Snapshot for DPOS PTS and Sparkle (PoW Bitshares) from Dec 14
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:02:26 pm by mange36 »

Offline testz

Hi again, I managed to download the BitShares-PTS v1.0.0 and made two transfers of PTS from my Cryptsy account to this wallet. The first transfer covered a small part of my PTS funds at Cryptsy, this transfer went through smoothly after my private wallet had synchronized with the Network. The second transfer covered the remaining part of my PTS funds at Cryptsy, this transfer was soon seen as a "unconfirmed" transfer in my private wallet so everything looked fine. However, at that stage I encrypted my wallet which seems to have caused the wallet not to be able to synchronize with the network any more! Does anyone has an idea why?

Details: I still see the "unconfirmed" transfer message in my wallet interface. At the bottom of the wallet I see the message "Synchronizing with network..." followed by a synchronization progress bar with the message "33 hours behind", these number of hours are increasing as time pass by which is leading me to believe that my wallet is NOT synchronizing although it says it does.
Furthermore at the bottom right corner of the wallet interface there is a locker symbol, the tool-tip of this symbol states "Wallet is encrypted and currently locked".

Questions:
1. Is it the "locked" and/or "encryption" property preventing the wallet from being synchronized?
2. Does anyone know a fast way to unlock the wallet?
3. Does anyone know a fast way to remove the encryption from the wallet?

Don't worry you are safe, and it's not encryption problem, the problem in PTS network - its works very slooow, 1-2 blocks per day.
If you get even 1 confirmation, you will be able to redeem your shares from next snapshot.

http://ptsexplorer.cloudapp.net/chain/BitShares-PTS

Offline mange36

• View Profile
Hi again, I managed to download the BitShares-PTS v1.0.0 and made two transfers of PTS from my Cryptsy account to this wallet. The first transfer covered a small part of my PTS funds at Cryptsy, this transfer went through smoothly after my private wallet had synchronized with the Network. The second transfer covered the remaining part of my PTS funds at Cryptsy, this transfer was soon seen as a "unconfirmed" transfer in my private wallet so everything looked fine. However, at that stage I encrypted my wallet which seems to have caused the wallet not to be able to synchronize with the network any more! Does anyone has an idea why?

Details: I still see the "unconfirmed" transfer message in my wallet interface. At the bottom of the wallet I see the message "Synchronizing with network..." followed by a synchronization progress bar with the message "33 hours behind", these number of hours are increasing as time pass by which is leading me to believe that my wallet is NOT synchronizing although it says it does.
Furthermore at the bottom right corner of the wallet interface there is a locker symbol, the tool-tip of this symbol states "Wallet is encrypted and currently locked".

Questions:
1. Is it the "locked" and/or "encryption" property preventing the wallet from being synchronized?
2. Does anyone know a fast way to unlock the wallet?
3. Does anyone know a fast way to remove the encryption from the wallet?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:33:39 am by mange36 »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I have some PTS on the Cryptsy Exchange. I see some posts in this thread disussing that I should withdraw them(!)

Can anyone please advice some other Exchange I could transfer my (old) PTS to, that will manage the conversion of my (old) PTS to (new) PTS, or must I move my PTS to a private wallet (any recommendations?).

A private wallet is always about 10x safer than an exchange. However, if you absolutely can't do a private wallet, Bter has been quite good about honoring snapshots.

Careful though - early on, the Sparkle dev said he was going to recommend that no exchange honor the snapshot. Like I said, you're always safer with a private wallet.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

For the unaware:

Bter is honoring the 14 Dec snapshot.

Are they honoring it for Sparkle? I believe they only mentioned it for the DPOS upgrade.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I have some PTS on the Cryptsy Exchange. I see some posts in this thread disussing that I should withdraw them(!)

Can anyone please advice some other Exchange I could transfer my (old) PTS to, that will manage the conversion of my (old) PTS to (new) PTS, or must I move my PTS to a private wallet (any recommendations?).

A private wallet is always about 10x safer than an exchange. However, if you absolutely can't do a private wallet, Bter has been quite good about honoring snapshots.

Careful though - early on, the Sparkle dev said he was going to recommend that no exchange honor the snapshot. Like I said, you're always safer with a private wallet.

For the unaware:

Bter is honoring the 14 Dec snapshot. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline mange36

• View Profile
Ok thanks I have downloaded BitShares-PTS wallet and sent some PTS to it (a couple of hours ago). The PTS balance is still zero though and the wallet states "out of sync". At the bottom there is a progress bar stating Synchronizing with network which is progressing very slowly (it was 55 weeks behind from the beginning, and now after working a couple of hours it is 40 weeks behind...). Will the correct PTS balance appear once the synchronization is finished?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Which type of private wallet do you recommend? BitShares-PTS v1.0.0?

Yes, that's the one I use. Make sure to encrypt your wallet and back it up somewhere safe.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline mange36

• View Profile
Which type of private wallet do you recommend? BitShares-PTS v1.0.0?

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Offline robrigo

Move it to a private wallet so you can get the snapshot for DPOS PTS and Sparkle (PoW Bitshares) on Dec 14

Offline mange36

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

So this is a fork? What are the pluses and minuses? Will the whole community move over?

As with any fork, the community decides which fork they care about.  With the information currently available to me makes me feel very comfortable supporting PTS moving forward.  There are certainly some items I would like to see accomplished but it is best to go to www.ptstalk.org to read more about those items.  :) 

Right now the link takes you to cubeconnex.com but this will be changed soon.

Feel free to join in on the discussion.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Just remember to withdraw your PTS from online exchanges and hold in a local wallet. Especially if they are in Cryptsy.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
Excellent post, thanks.

I'll do some reading on these things over the next days.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I have some bitshares.

Note that there are three different things here: BitShares, the old PTS, and the new PTS.  BitShares holders don't get any PTS. But if you hold the old PTS 14 december, you will get shares in the new PTS. The old PTS was launched last year as a fork of Bitcoin (more or less) to raise funds for developing the BitShares ecosystem, while the new PTS will launch soon as a fork of the latest BitShares technology (to replace the old PTS).

So this is a fork? What are the pluses and minuses? Will the whole community move over?

It is meant to be an upgrade of the old PTS to preserve the social consensus that was established long ago. PTS and BitShares have coexisted symbiotically since birth as father and child. The fate of PTS is now in the care of those who volunteer to develop and support it, as well as those who chose to honor the social consensus.

http://pts.cubeconnex.com/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:36:23 pm by CLains »