Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares-PTS Dry Run #1 launched  (Read 17246 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Re: [ANN] BitShares-PTS Dry Run #1 launched
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »
Since dry run 1 is long over now I'm locking this thread. Please create a separate thread if you want to continue the discussion.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline pc

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 07:53:45 pm »
I thought the idea was that PTS was to be merged into BTS and the social consensus would be taken from BTS.. PTS serves no purpose now, why are you wasting your time on this? Stop making things confusing for newbies and let PTS die already.

There is no purpose for it. Apparently a few people must've bought up a lot of PTS cheap after it was declared dead by Bytemaster and now they won't shut up about resurrecting it so they can pump and dump it.

Stop the FUD. BM never declared PTS dead.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline slacking

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 06:01:31 pm »
I thought the idea was that PTS was to be merged into BTS and the social consensus would be taken from BTS.. PTS serves no purpose now, why are you wasting your time on this? Stop making things confusing for newbies and let PTS die already.

There is no purpose for it. Apparently a few people must've bought up a lot of PTS cheap after it was declared dead by Bytemaster and now they won't shut up about resurrecting it so they can pump and dump it.

Offline pc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 03:25:57 pm »
This has been discussed at length, for example here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11877.msg159905#msg159905

No need to crosspost the same arguments over and over again.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »

sumantso

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »
If PTS dies so does 50% of the social contract. While AGS isn't liquid the community is. So it won't take long for future DAC developers to realize that half the share drop target is dead and the other half is in an unknown state in the community. So why bother? The BitShares toolkit requires zero payment to anyone for anything and the community imploded because of some dispute over sharedrops to itself.

This is what is going to happen. The new team here had a chance to create a perfect sharedrop vehicle, but instead chose to shoot itself in the foot.

I can't support a DPoS coin which is breaking the consensus. I would even go against it and would try to get this to fail as a test case of what not honouring the social consensus would do. Thankfully for you guys I am way too lazy  to pro actively do anything, so .... ;D

I have mostly BTS, some AGS and a few PTS from BM's return. A 10% sharedrop on my AGS wouldn't have made much of a difference in case anyone's thinking I am unhappy about that part.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 04:09:18 am »

If the Social Consensus Software License died with Invictus than PTS doesn't need to honor it.

If the Social Consensus  died,   it is the perfect time PTS-DPOS to come with a new one.

And inspired by Stan's  'Think Bigger Pinky',- there is no better time to jump from 10% to 75% for the social consensus number.
To make the life easier for the future PTS share droppers, a slight kick down of the AGS percentage could be considered [say from 10% to 1.75% or so]...

If AGS doesn't add value, then it takes value.
So what value can AGS provide PTS?

None, whatsoever!
AGS - rubbish!
PTS extremely valuable! Priceless to be exact.

If PTS dies so does 50% of the social contract. While AGS isn't liquid the community is. So it won't take long for future DAC developers to realize that half the share drop target is dead and the other half is in an unknown state in the community. So why bother? The BitShares toolkit requires zero payment to anyone for anything and the community imploded because of some dispute over sharedrops to itself.

zerosum

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 12:43:13 am »

If the Social Consensus Software License died with Invictus than PTS doesn't need to honor it.

If the Social Consensus  died,   it is the perfect time PTS-DPOS to come with a new one.

And inspired by Stan's  'Think Bigger Pinky',- there is no better time to jump from 10% to 75% for the social consensus number.
To make the life easier for the future PTS share droppers, a slight kick down of the AGS percentage could be considered [say from 10% to 1.75% or so]...

None, whatsoever!
AGS - rubbish!
PTS extremely valuable! Priceless to be exact.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:47:27 am by tonyk2 »

Offline roadscape

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
PTS could theoretically buy out AGS, if the AGS community (and future DAC devs) agreed to let it die.
But then someone (the AGS version of alphaBar) would step forward and claim that AGS must live on and must be honored.

Regardless..

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 12:19:27 am »
The same reason anyone share drops. Community support. Also leading by example.

That said it would behoove AGS proponents in the community to give PTS a bye for everyone's, including their, good.

Offline roadscape

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 12:12:51 am »
The social consensus serves to help in fairly bootstrapping new chains.
Stan (iirc) described it as a mailing list for free samples.

This is an upgrade to a well-established meta-chain.
I don't see how a redistribution of PTS benefits anyone (aside from AGS holders)
Especially when PTS is on its deathbed...
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »

So, not that my opinion means a whole lot (I also have zero legal training), it seems clear that, based on the below software license for the Bitshares Toolkit and the above Social Contract of Invictus:

1) The Social Consensus Software License clearly states that anyone using the Invictus blockchain must give 10% PTS/AGS.  So for the social contract if the Bitshares blockchain is also considered the Invictus blockchain (Aug 2013 was before DPoS was a twinkle in Dan's eye) then PTS either allocates AGS 10% or is in violation of the social contract.

2) According to the Software License in the current Bitshares github repository PTS can use the toolkit legally (whatever that means in this context) without any requirement to give anyone anything.

This creates a bit of a paradox. If the Social Consensus Software License died with Invictus than PTS doesn't need to honor it. However, if it is the case that PTS doesn't need to honor it because it died with Invictus than PTS has no reason for being because the social consensus is dead. Or at least it would have no teeth.

So, um, ya. Given all that I feel since PTS is using the blockchain and wants future DACs to honor to Social Contract (i.e. taking the position it lives beyond Invictus' timely demise) than PTS needs to give AGS 10% of permanent allocation or be in violation of the Social Contract but not the software license.

Further more the Social Contract lives on, at least in spirit, as exampled by PLAY, MUSIC, and BTS.

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/master/LICENSE.md

Code: [Select]
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org/

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:09:21 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »
Cool thanks Tony. I'll give this A read after dinner.

Offline pc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 05:46:55 pm »
Added download link for windows wallet.

sumantso

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:44 am »
Some of the ideas proposed here are worthy of discussion for a separate DAC. These discussions should also serve as an indication of the difficulty in reaching agreement across multiple stakeholders when arbitrarily dividing or combining assets. PTS is one of the 2 prongs of the social consensus, and the stakeholders represented by each demographic (AGS and PTS) should not be tampered with. Both demographics are benefactors of DPoS (not just AGS), and this is why the treatment of the PTS upgrade as a "new DAC" is fundamentally inaccurate. As an example, if AGS holders decided to create a liquid AGS on a DPoS blockchain, it would be irrational to demand that PTS be sharedropped in the new AGS chain.

Yeah, lets all make our own chain and hope somebody sharedrops on it :-\

Anyways, you have to honour the social concensus and reserve at least 10% for AGS. Or you can boldly declare you're going to break it. Would be a an ideal starting point for a supposedly sharedrop vehicle.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 07:34:06 am »
Some of the ideas proposed here are worthy of discussion for a separate DAC. These discussions should also serve as an indication of the difficulty in reaching agreement across multiple stakeholders when arbitrarily dividing or combining assets. PTS is one of the 2 prongs of the social consensus, and the stakeholders represented by each demographic (AGS and PTS) should not be tampered with. Both demographics are benefactors of DPoS (not just AGS), and this is why the treatment of the PTS upgrade as a "new DAC" is fundamentally inaccurate. As an example, if AGS holders decided to create a liquid AGS on a DPoS blockchain, it would be irrational to demand that PTS be sharedropped in the new AGS chain.

sumantso

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 07:05:07 am »
I was going to suggest that. Both AGS and PTSers represent the sharedrop group which follow BTS. Unifying them gives a wider representation and makes it tempting for future developers to sharedrop on.

I would even extend it to make it 30-40% PTS, 30-40% AGS and distribute the remaining among other 2.0 projects like NXT, XCP, NEM etc. The NEM shareholder list in particular is quite interesting as it covers most of the Bitcointalk group.

In this way we make it easy for any developer to have an easy sharedrop target. I would even go ahead and ditch the 20% and ask for 'only' 10% to fulfill the social consensus. The idea is to make this as attractive as possible as a sharedrop target and would benefit us all in the long run.

I actually really like this idea.  Inclusive of the top technologies and a way to bring together many like-minded projects.  This would be a true evolution...however, I do not see many people agreeing.  Sadly, it seems it is difficult for people to see that the network effect gain from something like this would substantially increase the value proposition for everyone..  Instead it will likely be seen as giving to people who do not deserve it and therefore also "stealing" from PTS and AGS holders. 

I could be wrong.  Suppose we'll see.

They need to understand that getting a smaller part in 10 projects is better than a larger stake in one. Besides, there would be a different type of network effect at work there, if it becomes popular as a sharedrop vehicle, new projects would be compelled to honour it just to start at zero and not negative.

There may even be the optimistic case where they are competing to catch our attention and so offer larger percentages.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:21:28 am by sumantso »

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:33 am »
I was going to suggest that. Both AGS and PTSers represent the sharedrop group which follow BTS. Unifying them gives a wider representation and makes it tempting for future developers to sharedrop on.

I would even extend it to make it 30-40% PTS, 30-40% AGS and distribute the remaining among other 2.0 projects like NXT, XCP, NEM etc. The NEM shareholder list in particular is quite interesting as it covers most of the Bitcointalk group.

In this way we make it easy for any developer to have an easy sharedrop target. I would even go ahead and ditch the 20% and ask for 'only' 10% to fulfill the social consensus. The idea is to make this as attractive as possible as a sharedrop target and would benefit us all in the long run.

I actually really like this idea.  Inclusive of the top technologies and a way to bring together many like-minded projects.  This would be a true evolution...however, I do not see many people agreeing.  Sadly, it seems it is difficult for people to see that the network effect gain from something like this would substantially increase the value proposition for everyone..  Instead it will likely be seen as giving to people who do not deserve it and therefore also "stealing" from PTS and AGS holders. 

I could be wrong.  Suppose we'll see.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

sumantso

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 06:37:43 am »
is there any airdrop to AGS ,since all DPOS developing expense is from AGS FUND

PTS is an existing coin, not a new DAC. PTS and AGS will both continue to exist as sharedrop instruments for future DACs. Messing with the allocation is a slippery slope and would result in permanent distortion of the social consensus. For example, if we sharedropped 50% to AGS for the new chain, then AGS would have 75% representation in 3rd party DACs since they would receive the existing AGS share, plus half of the PTS allocation. AGS holders are not diluted or affected in any way by this upgrade. The only way to maintain the original social consensus is to leave the allocation untouched.

You expect others to honour you, but are itself not bothered about it. Great start, keep it up!

Make it 50/50 and combine it. If you feel PTS donors are double dipping honour only the BTC part of the AGS.

sumantso

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 06:36:47 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:38:57 am by sumantso »

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 05:41:44 am »
Why not just create a token that houses both PTS and AGS?  Let it be an evolution from the current token.  We could even call it "AlphaShares" or something to that effect. 

In this way, we are able to snapshot both PTS and AGS...make AGS liquid for the AGSers who tend to feel like they are undermined by special treatment toward PTSers, and are even more afraid their donations will be long forgotten while PTS becomes the sole sharedropping token.

Bring both groups together under a common banner and ask that 20% be sharedropped on these tokens.  This makes it easier on developers (only having to honor one ledger as opposed to two), joins two groups of people who are passionate about the project for slightly different reasons...and most importantly, it would help mend the divide that is growing in the community over this decision. 

Also...I think turning PTS into a currency is a terrible idea--why compete with bitUSD when you can have a very limited supply (say 2,000,000 split between PTS/AGS) that become worth far more because they now have a far larger portion of the community's backing?  Do we want this to be a currency?  Or an premium investment vehicle?  I only see one way this works personally...and that is with PTS (APS?) as a premium investment vehicle.   

These are my opinions of course...so I'm interested in hearing others.  I personally would support such a project though. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:44:19 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline testz

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 04:46:45 am »

PTS is an existing coin, not a new DAC. PTS and AGS will both continue to exist as sharedrop instruments for future DACs. Messing with the allocation is a slippery slope and would result in permanent distortion of the social consensus. For example, if we sharedropped 50% to AGS for the new chain, then AGS would have 75% representation in 3rd party DACs since they would receive the existing AGS share, plus half of the PTS allocation. AGS holders are not diluted or affected in any way by this upgrade. The only way to maintain the original social consensus is to leave the allocation untouched.

While what you say seems logical, the irony is if you do not drop on AGS you will have violated the social consensus, namely that ' each DPOS clone should drop at least 10 on PTS and 10% on AGS'.... and while PTS-DPOS will be the first one to blindly violate such consensus, you expect everybody else to follow it and drop 10% on PTS-DPOS.

PTS-DPOS - The pure definition of irony!

What if in the next version PTS-DPOS, AGS will be integrated as a non tradable asset as a 100% sharedrop to "old" AGS? It will cover social consensus from your point of view?

zerosum

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 04:29:50 am »

While what you say seems logical, the irony is if you do not drop on AGS you will have violated the social consensus, namely that ' each DPOS clone should drop at least 10 on PTS and 10% on AGS'.... and while PTS-DPOS will be the first one to blindly violate such consensus, you expect everybody else to follow it and drop 10% on PTS-DPOS.

PTS-DPOS - The pure definition of irony!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:31:28 am by tonyk2 »

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:46 am »

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 08:29:34 pm »

There should be, unless they plan to be the first DPoS coin to break the social consensus.

Ironic but true.

In order to follow the social consensus, that PTS 2.0 expects everybody else to follow by dropping on it, it should itself drop on AGS.

Actually, I agree with this. Either drop it to AGS or BTS holders. Otherwise, PTS continues without most of the community.
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

zerosum

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »

There should be, unless they plan to be the first DPoS coin to break the social consensus.

Ironic but true.

In order to follow the social consensus, that PTS 2.0 expects everybody else to follow by dropping on it, it should itself drop on AGS.

sumantso

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 08:10:26 pm »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 10:01:40 am »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

zerosum

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 09:54:39 am »
is it the first altcoin of dpos

Splitting the 3rd place with Sparkle.

1. RPCD
2. PLAY
3. Sparkle and PTS 2.0

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 09:50:31 am »
is it the first altcoin of dpos
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 03:13:04 am »
Thanks to svk for getting the block explorer up and running (currently pointed to dry run#1): http://pts.bitsharesblocks.com/

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 03:10:34 am »
Secure genesis claims

It is now possible to claim genesis balances without importing private keys by means of the new "wallet_import_by_signedmsg" command. A description of the idea can be found here: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=37.0

>>'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'

And no, I am not registering just to read it...

Tony, the discussion board no longer requires login.  :)

Offline pc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »
That windows wallet is from the previous test network. This is *not* dry run #1. Cube is working on the GUI and will provide a new windows wallet when he's finished.

Offline testz

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 08:00:47 pm »
Windows wallet (https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS/releases) start sync 20+ days  :o It's sync BitShares (BTS) block chain?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 10:16:12 am »
 +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:20:36 am »
Well done!  Thanks for the hard work  +5%
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

zerosum

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:53:46 am »
Secure genesis claims

It is now possible to claim genesis balances without importing private keys by means of the new "wallet_import_by_signedmsg" command. A description of the idea can be found here: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=37.0

>>'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'

And no, I am not registering just to read it...

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:46:08 am »

Secure genesis claims

+5% this was badly needed. Hats off to pc for the hard work.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:40:17 am »
The actual upgrade will use snapshot from Dec 14 though, right? 

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes, upgrade will use the last snapshot prior to the end of day December 14th UTC. Only clarifying this because there is a slight possibility that we get no blocks on that day (due to the slow block times of the current PoW chain).

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
The actual upgrade will use snapshot from Dec 14 though, right? 

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline pc

• View Profile
[ANN] BitShares-PTS Dry Run #1 launched
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 10:10:51 pm »
We are pleased to announce that we have just started dry run #1 of the new PTS client software.

We invite all interested parties to participate in testing the new network.

* Currently only the CLI client is available, GUI will follow soon.
* Specs are as announced previously ( http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=43.0 ), but not necessarily final.
* Source code is available at https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS .
* Genesis block uses PTS snapshot from 2014-12-02, scaled to 1 billion PTS.

Among other things, we want to specifically test our new feature:

Secure genesis claims

We are looking for initial delegates!

In order to achieve good decentralization right from the start we hope to find volunteers for running initial delegates from dry run #2 on. Details are described here: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/index.php?topic=48.0 . Please help us make the new network secure and reliable!

Build and run

Code: [Select]
git clone git@github.com:PTS-DPOS/PTS.git
git checkout dry-run-1a
git submodule init
git submodule update
cmake .
make pts_client
programs/client/pts_client

References

Forum: http://pts.cubeconnex.com/
GitHub: https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS
Linux packages: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=PTS
Windows download: https://github.com/PTS-DPOS/PTS/releases/download/dry-run-1a/PTS-DryRun1a-v0.0.3-x86.exe

Edit: added windows download link + updated version to dry-run-1a
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:46:24 pm by pc »