Author Topic: MarketVolume not "fair"  (Read 1588 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Relative orders will make it much easier for people to use their money to enforce the peg, especially once we get more multisig and cold wallet functionality working.
+1%
I agree!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline theoretical

Relative orders will make it much easier for people to use their money to enforce the peg, especially once we get more multisig and cold wallet functionality working.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Um...

Everyone out there thinks Nubits is amazing and bitUSD doesnt work purely based on the fact that Nubits uses large buy and sell walls to enforce the peg, while bitUSD has no such walls and has low liquidity.

Dont worry about being fair to nubits.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Having a forced cover after 30 days means that the whole "market cap" of N x 1bitUSD (N beeing the bitUSD supply) ... will have to trade ..
Thus .. on average .. we will have a daily volume of

SUPPLY / 30

That's nice as people take "volume" serious for trading .. but not nice as it makes it "unfair" to compare to other schemes .. say nuB.. na .. who cares  8)

Haha, I wouldn't worry about being too fair to NBT... after all, they are the kings of massive automated volume.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yield mainly depends on the interest paid by shorts .. not sure if volume is supposed to increase the yield

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Does this significantly impact the yield?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Having a forced cover after 30 days means that the whole "market cap" of N x 1bitUSD (N beeing the bitUSD supply) ... will have to trade ..
Thus .. on average .. we will have a daily volume of

SUPPLY / 30

That's nice as people take "volume" serious for trading .. but not nice as it makes it "unfair" to compare to other schemes .. say nuB.. na .. who cares  8)